Flava is the best! (some knife content)

Flava is the best!

This post should have been made a long time ago, but due to my laziness and busy schedule, it was not, sorry Flava.

I just wanted to tell you guys about the best visit I ever had to Paris, which took place a while ago - during which I had a chance to meet BF member Flavius (AKA Flava) and his lovely wife - Wana.

We emailed back and forth regarding my trip to Paris (along with my wife and family) and decided we’d get together for a drink or so.

We ended up spending most of our time together with Flava and his wife, having great dinners together, going to numerous Jazz clubs, browsing all the knife stores in Paris and almost attending the knife show is Tiers (a city of forgers and knife makers in the heart of France, some 500 KM from Paris).

Anyway - Flava is a BIG guy - but he has a tendency to carry petite knives with him - his favorite Maker is Jens Enso - who has his own unique style of FB.

To those not familiar with his superb work, see it here:

http://www.ansoknives.com/

One evening, after dinner, Flave surprised me by presenting me with a gift - a FB knife he made himself! It was made after one of Enos's most popular designs (with his permission of course) and it was actually the first knife Flava ever made!

Needless to say I was touched and honored. It is one cute little knife, and I intended to get a custom leather sheath made for it (this is one of these "future" projects..) :)

It looks like Enso's personal SheepsFoot model.

The funny part of the visit was when I introduced Flava to what is undoubtedly the best tactical knife shop in Paris- "Arms Bastille".

Flava later told me he became a good friend of the owner - and even used his great connections to help Jerry Hossom get his table at the coming Paris show..

Flava has been living in Paris for years, and needs me to come from Israel and acquaint him to the local cutlery shops :D:D

To sum it all up - if you ever plan on going to Paris, France - make sure to drop him a line- he is the best host one can expect - fluent in French (although born elsewhere) and a great guy altogether to hang out with

Another great friend made through this amazing place!

Thanks Gadi! We had a great time with you and your wife and look forward to the Paris knife show so we can meet again. Who knows what I might learn this time about Paris from you? ;)
One thing is sure, you won't get near my knives after what you did to your Hossom fighter.
I see you can't spell Jens Anso, ha haha ha :D

Flavius

I have a hard time spelling anything...let alone funny foreign names...unlike my simple last name..:D

I already reserved a place at the Novotel - for the show!

Flava,
When and where Paris Knife Show will take place?
Do they have their web page?
I would like to know more about it and – who knows – maybe visit...

Thanks.

Originally posted by Sergiusz Mitin
Flava,
When and where Paris Knife Show will take place?
Do they have their web page?
I would like to know more about it and – who knows – maybe visit...

Thanks.

28-29 September 2002, hotel Novotel (not far from the Eifel tower). There is no web page. I hope to see you there!

Indeed, Flava's good efforts put me in touch with the organizers of the Paris show, and I look forward to seeing everyone there.

BTW, Flava makes a pretty nice knife too...!

Back