flea market finds

Spent Saturday and Sunday at the flea market. After going each year for so many years it has become a tradition for us that we look forward to just like other holidays. Our 3 year old son accompanied us on the second day and was a real trooper dealing with the crowds and walking. My wife's fit-bit said we walked 6 miles Sunday so I'm guessing Saturday was 8+. This is my portion of the haul minus the fishing lures I picked up. I was pleasantly surprised when a little effort revealed the axe head being Swedish. The Buck, Boker, swisstool, and one of the LM appear to be unused never sharpened.

CSM, (Connecticut Shotgun Manufacturers) Galazan Sidelock A-10 ejector plate folder.

eLFn1hx.jpg

GFG4CsO.jpg

ZwkzFAb.jpg

Hj9zV7o.jpg

Spent Saturday and Sunday at the flea market. After going each year for so many years it has become a tradition for us that we look forward to just like other holidays. Our 3 year old son accompanied us on the second day and was a real trooper dealing with the crowds and walking. My wife's fit-bit said we walked 6 miles Sunday so I'm guessing Saturday was 8+. This is my portion of the haul minus the fishing lures I picked up. I was pleasantly surprised when a little effort revealed the axe head being Swedish. The Buck, Boker, swisstool, and one of the LM appear to be unused never sharpened.
Wow!:eek:
So ah, what's the folder in the box and is that little hatchet a double bit or hammer poll?

CSM, (Connecticut Shotgun Manufacturers) Galazan Sidelock A-10 ejector plate folder.

eLFn1hx.jpg

GFG4CsO.jpg

ZwkzFAb.jpg

Hj9zV7o.jpg
Interesting little knife Ted.:thumbsup:

Wow!:eek:
So ah, what's the folder in the box and is that little hatchet a double bit or hammer poll?

Interesting little knife Ted.:thumbsup:
The folder is a German Boker. It has patina on the blades but appears to be unused. The small hatchet has a hammer poll. I plan to add it to my hunting pack if the steel and heat treat seem to be good.

That Galazan Sidelock folder is an amazing find. I didn't see anything near that impressive over two days of looking.

Nice haul, I really like the buffalo skinner knife.
I think your knives are dollar for dollar the best available on bladeforums. I'm amazed when I come across knives that sell for too low a price.....I didn't argue with the man I only paid him when he told me how much.

That Galazan Sidelock folder is an amazing find. I didn't see anything near that impressive over two days of looking.

Beretta makes a similar knife using a swinglock like Barry Wood's used on his Colt folder but from what I understand the swing lockback versions are garbage but I suspect the lockback is similar to this one. I've read many complaints about the strength of the swinglock but nothing bad about the lockback.

017.jpg

CO3904510900_FRONT.jpg

The weather forecast kept the majority of the vendors away from the flea market today. It's a shame because the weather wonderful. I didn't bring back a huge haul but I am pleased with it. The fireman's axe appears to be unused as does the bar which is made in the USA. The knife is a German advertising knife. The box of lures was forced on me by a guy who was fun to talk to. I was only wanting a couple of the lures but he made me an offer I couldn't refuse.

Decided the 30+ mph wind was not good for turkey hunting yesterday morning so I talked the wife into riding to a flea market. Didn't buy anything special but I was happy with this haul. Not in the pic are several saltwater spoons I picked up for less than a dollar each. The handle on the pan is marked Woolworth. The fillet knife is an Imperial and it took a really nice edge.

Last edited:
Back