Fleming knives sale thread 6/13/15

Jarrett Fleming

I have 4 more knives available today. 1 itty bitty and 3 of the new itty bitty butchers. I have made 6 of the itty bitty butchers and these are the last three that will have my tree on them. I do not have sheaths for these. They will be shipped in a blade sleeve like fiddleback forge's knives. I'm sure that any of the great leather workers here on the forum would be happy to assist you in having a sheath made i.e. bonafide, rick lowe, Herber, etc.

Itty Bitty
1/8" CPM154
Tapered tang
Mosaic
Teal micarta bolsters w/ teal/black micarta handles
Black micarta liners w/ white g10 pinstripe
Price $220 SOLD

Itty bitty butcher
1/8" CPMD2
Lavawood handles
Black micarta liners w/ toxic green pinstripe
Price $200 SOLD

Itty bitty butcher
1/8" CPM154
Natural box elder burl handles
Black micarta liners w/ toxic green pinstripe
Price $210 SOLD

Itty bitty butcher
3/32" CPM154
Tapered tang
Desert ironwood handles
Black micarta liners w/ orange g10 pinstripe
Price $240 SOLD

The prices include paypal fees, and shipping.

Last edited:
No problem. Can I ask a novice question...? What is the determining factor on the amount of taper to the tang? Is it aesthetic or due to maybe material thickness so you taper the blade more? I notice this one has a massive taper.

I use my surface grinder to taper tangs. The way that I do it the thinner blade stock will have more of a taper, as well as longer handled knives. The only real determining factor is the maker though. I could taper a 1/8" knife as thin as the butcher with ironwood. I just don't normally do that.

Jarrett,
Love the look of these knives and your knives in general. Just curious, when you designed this blade what was the intended use you had in mind? Thanks

I actually had several people on instagram ask for me to make an itty bitty sized cleaver blade. Minicleavers are very popular in the instagram community right now, and that is why I designed this blade.

Back