1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fletcher Tank

Discussion in 'Fletcher Knives' started by MajorD, Oct 24, 2017.

1. MajorD

MajorD Gold Member Gold Member Basic Member

Mar 18, 2007
    I've been looking at these for awhile now. I called DLT Trading and pulled the trigger on a Tank. I wanted a 5" general/hard use camp style knife. These, unfortunately haven't moved from the DLT site and don't seem to get much love since their introduction. After a call to Jason and a short discussion, I grabbed one. I am very eager for this one's arrival.

[​IMG]

schmittie, Bmurray, ragnerok and 2 others like this.
  2. ragnerok

ragnerok Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 25, 2008
    Congrats on your new knife! Have a Bush Operator myself, think Fletchers are highly underrated.

3. madcap_magician

madcap_magician Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 27, 2005
    I'd really like to pick one up, but they're scarce beasts. Not the Tank, looking for a 24/7 or something similar or a Z1 with plain-jane handles.

4. MajorD

Mar 18, 2007
    I can't get out with it yet but here it is at home. It's very comfortable as all Fletcher Knives are. I really like the blade height for the intended purpose of this knife. The overall size and blade height of this knife seems to neutralize the 3/16" blade thickness. I'm expecting this will perform well in outdoor applications and will also slice nicely due to these specs.
    [​IMG]

5. wildmanh

wildmanh Part time Leather Bender/Sheath maker Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jul 9, 2000
    The 24/7's are nice! I have one with File work and a tapered tang. It's in my EDC rotation. :thumbsup:

Dylan sure knows how to make a beefy knife, that also cuts/slices really well.

By the way, I commented on your post in Knife Gods, but didn't realize it was you till just now. LOL! :oops: Hope you post more pictures after you get to use it a bit.

MajorD likes this.
  6. MajorD

Mar 18, 2007
    Heber I will definitely get some additional pics posted. Things are a bit hectic currently. We also have a grand daughter due in a couple weeks so I don't have any trips planned at this time. :)

wildmanh likes this.
  7. 87Burban

87Burban Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 10, 2009
    That's a nice one. These have a lot of attributes that you find in other knives all in one package.

Now for one in D2 :)

8. wildmanh

wildmanh Part time Leather Bender/Sheath maker Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jul 9, 2000
    @MajorD any update on the Tank?

MajorD likes this.
  9. MajorD

Mar 18, 2007
    Unfortunately not at this time. Between hunting season and a new grand daughter arriving this week (mom and baby healthy) my schedule has been a bit busy. :) I probably won't be able to get out until after the holidays and that might mean spring here in Michigan but we'll see how winter goes.

I did, however, try a Spec Ops brand Combat Master sheath for it and it works well. I can get some pics up soon of that. I almost always prefer leather but this sheath will work nicely for this particular model.

10. wildmanh

Jul 9, 2000
    Congrats on the new Grand Daughter! :D