Flick or Slow roll? What are your preferred way to open your CRK?

How do you disengage your CRK

• Flick

Votes: 13 11.2%
  • Slow roll

Votes: 81 69.8%
  • Depends on the CRK (requires explanation)

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • Both

Votes: 20 17.2%

• Total voters
I'm a slow roller too. I like the feeling when my thumb is on the thumbstud when the lock bar clicks into place. It's so rewarding on a CRK.

I agreed, it seems only CRK manage to achieve that level of satisfaction, my other thumbstud knife are a bit lackluster compare to them. Therefore, they ended up being flicker.

Yes...yes, it is:D There's a handful of them floating around that were converted by Butch Vallotton many years back but they very rarely come up for sale.

View attachment 1441325

Seems very interesting since it shots out so strongly, it looks like it almost flew out of your hand!... Shame it's not something legal here in the Great White North unfortunately :oops:

Really dig the action on this one almost feel ballistic for how strong it deploys. But, im on the fence about the amount of holes on the scale that hold the spring mechanism inside though. Tactical sebbie lol
There's pics in the "Disassembled knives" thread too, if you're curious about the mechanism:)

I've got short thumbs and thick hands so I have a hard time staying engaged with the thumb stud when opening, so I largely flick 'em open. Most of my CRKs are tuned up so they flick easily, though some require just a modicum of wrist. On the other hand--well actually the same hand--I do agree that there's something so audibly satisfying about that deep clonk sound the knives make when the lockbar slides into place and the blade hits the stop pin.

Slow Hydraulic Rainbow Opening and closing. When I see people flick them I cringe. When buying it’s an automatic no go for me if the video shows that.

always open slowly, I could flick but I dount do that on these knifes! slow hand Luke '' with CRKs:cool:

I work in a "politically correct" office environment. I avoid any one hand opening when people are around.

I believe in safety first and use both hands to securely open and safely close my CRK.

I believe in safety first and use both hands to securely open and safely close my CRK.

Agreed safety first. But sometimes, when your hands are full and you cannot drop your stuffs to two hands opening your knife, a slow roll or flick comes in handy.

That said, i prefer my two handed slip joints when it comes to finer jobs like removing gunks underneath your nails for example :D

Last edited:
Back