1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer 1034A1 Gingrich Bush Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Flipper Folder Recommendation.

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by dennis357, Sep 17, 2011.

1. dennis357

dennis357

Jan 13, 2010
    I currently have a CRKT Summa that is a flipper opening knife and love it. I would like to get more flipper opening knives but don't know what to get. I would want a 3.75" to 4" blade, not assisted or with the automatic Laws lock CRKT uses on many models. Also less than $100. Blade steel does not matter as long as its decent. Any out there?

2. thegeek574

thegeek574

Sep 3, 2010
    Look up the kershaw ener g II. it has a 3.5 inch blade and opens faster than most assisted knives i have. the steel is one of my favorites becuase it takes a razor edge and holds it, as well as being easy to sharpen. note: these are discontinued, and so you might want to go fast.

3. glockman99

glockman99 Super Moderator Super Mod

Jun 12, 2000
    The Kershaw Junkyard Dog II would be a good choice.

4. seelow123

seelow123

Oct 4, 2008
    Kershaw offers a couple non assisted flippers such as the skyline. jyd 2. chill.storm and a bunch others

wal mart also sells the crkt ripple(CHEAPER VERSION) i have handled it and it is very nice, i plan on picking one up when i get home.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2011
  5. diablo_man

diablo_man

Aug 25, 2011
    enlan el01 is an excellent heavy duty large bladed flipper, about 15$ shipped and worth many times that.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 17, 2011
  6. FlaMtnBkr

FlaMtnBkr

Oct 20, 2004
    If you didn't mind a bit shorter blade the Kershaw RAM is a pretty awesome knife. Kershaw is probably the company to browse if looking for quality flippers on a budget.

7. brets-ftw

brets-ftw

Sep 11, 2010
    kershaw rake and the Sog Vulcan mini isnt too bad

8. OhShoot

OhShoot

Jan 23, 2011
    If you can live with 3.25", the Buck Vantage Series is excellent. Can get Buck's great 420HC, 13C26 Sandvik, or S30V steel; FRN, Paperstone, Dymondwood, G-10, or aluminum grips. Great clip too, leaves nothing above edge of pocket but the clip itself.

- OS

Last edited: Sep 18, 2011
  9. cutter17

cutter17

May 16, 2006
    Third time tonight I have suggested the ZT0200, but it fits your requirements, except in the cost department. But check with kershawguy here on the forums and you can maybe get a blem at less cost and a lot of times folks claim they cannot even find what the blem is.

Glockmans reccomendation of the JYD is excellent. You can even get the composite bladed edition for under $100.

10. Tony8179

Tony8179

Feb 20, 2008
    I always like to recommend the Kershaw Groove. An excellent flipper and design.

11. timberweasel

timberweasel

Jan 5, 2011
    Kershaw Zing or the CRKT Ken Onion Ripple :thumbup:

12. Bender B. Rodrigouz

Bender B. Rodrigouz Banned by Moderators Banned

Sep 16, 2011
    Kershaw junkyard dog 2

13. harkamus

harkamus

Apr 23, 2007
    ZT 0350 or ZT 0200. Both can be had for under 100 if you stick around the exchange forums long enough.

14. Tsujigiri

Tsujigiri

May 25, 2009
    The ZT 0200 was just a hair over $100 from GP Knives last I checked. Very durable, great steel, and the best ergos I've ever felt.