Flipper Folder Recommendation.

I currently have a CRKT Summa that is a flipper opening knife and love it. I would like to get more flipper opening knives but don't know what to get. I would want a 3.75" to 4" blade, not assisted or with the automatic Laws lock CRKT uses on many models. Also less than $100. Blade steel does not matter as long as its decent. Any out there?

Look up the kershaw ener g II. it has a 3.5 inch blade and opens faster than most assisted knives i have. the steel is one of my favorites becuase it takes a razor edge and holds it, as well as being easy to sharpen. note: these are discontinued, and so you might want to go fast.

The Kershaw Junkyard Dog II would be a good choice.

Kershaw offers a couple non assisted flippers such as the skyline. jyd 2. chill.storm and a bunch others

wal mart also sells the crkt ripple(CHEAPER VERSION) i have handled it and it is very nice, i plan on picking one up when i get home.

Last edited:
enlan el01 is an excellent heavy duty large bladed flipper, about 15$ shipped and worth many times that.

IMG_0040.JPG

Last edited:
If you didn't mind a bit shorter blade the Kershaw RAM is a pretty awesome knife. Kershaw is probably the company to browse if looking for quality flippers on a budget.

If you can live with 3.25", the Buck Vantage Series is excellent. Can get Buck's great 420HC, 13C26 Sandvik, or S30V steel; FRN, Paperstone, Dymondwood, G-10, or aluminum grips. Great clip too, leaves nothing above edge of pocket but the clip itself.

- OS

Last edited:
Third time tonight I have suggested the ZT0200, but it fits your requirements, except in the cost department. But check with kershawguy here on the forums and you can maybe get a blem at less cost and a lot of times folks claim they cannot even find what the blem is.

Glockmans reccomendation of the JYD is excellent. You can even get the composite bladed edition for under $100.

I always like to recommend the Kershaw Groove. An excellent flipper and design.

ZT 0350 or ZT 0200. Both can be had for under 100 if you stick around the exchange forums long enough.

The ZT 0200 was just a hair over $100 from GP Knives last I checked. Very durable, great steel, and the best ergos I've ever felt.

Back