Flying to Portland Oregon

Attending my nephews wedding in mid July.
KnifeRights app states oregon does not allow spring assist knives concealed.
Can someone clarify please?
Also might peak into Washington. Same thing up there?
Thanks in advance.

Your good to go. Heck in Oregon you can carry an auto or a balisong if you choose to. The only problem is once you cross over into Wa. then you will have some problems.

I wouldn't worry too much up here though. I have been there almost 3 years and the only interaction with an officer I had was when I ran a stop sign. Even still it was just a warning.

Attending my nephews wedding in mid July.
KnifeRights app states oregon does not allow spring assist knives concealed.
Can someone clarify please?
Also might peak into Washington. Same thing up there?
Thanks in advance.
This is what I found
Oregon law does not restrict the ownership of any type of knife for those who have not been convicted of a felony. As a matter of fact, in 1984 in State v. Delgado, the Supreme Court of Oregon found that former Oregon statute § 166.510(1) was unconstitutional because it prohibited the mere possession and mere carrying of a weapon. The Court believed that restricting the possession and open carrying of weapons for non-felons was a violation of a person’s right to bear arms under the 2nd Amendment to the Constitution.
  • It is illegal to conceal carry a dirk, dagger, or any stabbing knife
  • It is illegal to conceal carry a Balisong, or butterfly knife
  • It is illegal to conceal carry a gravity knife
  • It is illegal to conceal carry any knife with a blade that projects or swings into position by force of a spring or by centrifugal force (swinging the knife around)
  • It is legal to conceal carry a pocket knife
  • It is legal to conceal carry a switchblade
  • It is legal to open carry any type of knife
It may appear that a switchblade has a blade that “projects by force of a spring” and therefore is a knife which one cannot legally conceal carry. However, the Court in State v. Ramer found that because a switchblade is the type of pocketknife, and it is not illegal to carry a concealed pocket knife, it could not be illegal to conceal carry a switchblade.

In 1987, The Appellate Court ruled, in State v. Boswell, that one must be carrying one of the weapons listed as illegal to conceal carry or a weapon similar to one of those listed which was designed or intended for use a weapon to be convicted of carrying a concealed weapon. It then reversed Mr Boswell’s conviction for carrying a concealed weapon because the weapon he was found carrying was not similar to any of those listed by the statute as illegal to conceal carry.

Back