1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 29 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Ron Flaherty Folder

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Ron Flaherty folder , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, July 20 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Flytanium 940 Scales in Titanium/Copper/Brass/Carbon Fiber

Discussion in 'Benchmade Knife Company' started by photoman12001, Jul 11, 2019 at 6:08 PM.

1. photoman12001

photoman12001 Gold Member Gold Member

May 23, 2008
    I saw these as "coming soon" on their website yesterday but they were actually made available today. I've got titanium & copper ones inbound now. I'm pretty excited for these.
    940 Scales.PNG

2. sharkattacksw

sharkattacksw

Aug 4, 2008
    The look nice, but I'm not putting Chinese scales on my 94X knives.

3. Babyboomer

Babyboomer Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 25, 2017
    They have Bugout scales coming too, and at least those are also drilled for a left side clip. Are these for the 940, or the 940 - 2/1? I've seen other custom scales which specify the model, so I'm not sure the scales are interchangeable.

4. photoman12001

May 23, 2008
    I understand that but I’ve wanted a Ti 940 for a while. I could try to hunt down one the few Benchmade released and pay $600+ but this will do fine. I’ve got a set of copper Flytanium on my PM2. Those are very well-made. The Ti are Putnums.

[​IMG]

colin.p likes this.
  5. photoman12001

May 23, 2008
    They specify these will fit any 940 because they come with the barrel spacers.

6. razorburn

razorburn Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 26, 2007
    Love the titanium 940 scales.Damn it,Looks like Flytanium is about to corner the market on pocket knife scales.

Hopefully they get their quality controls up, as I received a pair of carbon fiber scales with less than stellar finishing.With scratches on the flat sections,un chamfered edges and hanging cloth fibers.

7. photoman12001

May 23, 2008
    I hope the copper & titanium 940 scales are nice or I’ll be pretty disappointed. The PM2 copper scales shown above and titanium scales on my 51 & 32 are very nice.

[​IMG]

8. godsmyjudge

godsmyjudge Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 15, 2011
    Is flytanium a Chinese company? What makes you guys say that?

hhmoore likes this.
  9. photoman12001

May 23, 2008
    Copy/paste from the product page for the 940 titanium scales:
    -Grade 5 Titanium
    -Flytanium Design
    -Precision Milled in China
    -Polished Stonewash Finish

Not all of the items are machined in China though. The Benchmade 32/51 Balisong scales are machined in the U.S.A.

10. godsmyjudge

godsmyjudge Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 15, 2011
    Oh. Thank you for pointing that out.