1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Folder Idea...

Discussion in 'Daniel Fairly Knives' started by Daniel Fairly Knives, May 22, 2019.

1. Daniel Fairly Knives

Daniel Fairly Knives Full Time Knifemaker Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jan 9, 2011
    Flicker Folder with Detent Lock

Detent keeps it open and closed. Small and convenient to carry. Flips open with recessed front tab!

I shared this one a while back but made some improvements to the design... what do you guys think?

flllllll.jpg

2. flatblackcapo

flatblackcapo Part time maker, very very part time Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 25, 2012
    Ya know I think it would be awesome but I think we need a pass around just so I can be sure. ;):D

Daniel Fairly Knives likes this.
  3. woodysone

woodysone Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 21, 2005
    Daniel, missed the original design specs, want blade length are you going for, thickness of scales? Just wondering because your last folders were a little on the large size. Hopefully it will be something that will cut string, open packages, clean the finger nails you know the small stuff. Looking forward to see what you come up with.

4. Jaydud

Jaydud Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 24, 2015
    I like the way it looks! But I would be interested in some specs as well. :)

5. Daniel Fairly Knives

Daniel Fairly Knives Full Time Knifemaker Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jan 9, 2011
    6.5" overall with 2.75" blade, thinner blade and scales probably 1/8" range. Small, watch pocket carry.

6. Jaydud

Jaydud Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 24, 2015
    Hmmm...this knife just got a little bit more appealing. :)

7. Farchyld

Farchyld

Sep 10, 2011
    Can't wait to see a photo, D!

8. Elgatodeacero

Elgatodeacero Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 5, 2014
    I like it, but the sharp corners on the flipper and on the clip end need to be softened.