Recommendation? folding knife for EDC

Looking to by a decent folder for EDC for around $75 American. I've had a Rat 1 for awhile but looking for something new. I live in Australia, the law is no automatic or assisted knifes. Any help would be great

Last edited:
Not sure about their policy on intetnational shipping, but Buck 722 spitfire from Copper&Clad or Silver knights. Contact them if you have questions/concerns.

You can find a Cold Steel American Lawman on the exchange for around that from time to time. That would overwhelmingly be my suggestion.

Here are a few I like that are around $75.

-Spyderco Endura (either the regular sabre ground one or the FFG version).

-Spyderco Delica (or wharncliffe Delica).

-Lionsteel Daghetta (I EDC the large one and really like it).

-Cold Steel Code 4 (slim, good size, bomb proof tri-ad lock).

-Cold Steel Voyager

-Kershaw Bareknuckle

I'm purposely picking knives < $60 or so since s/h will probably be high. I'm guessing the $75 includes shipping to you.

Steel Will Tenet (or Modus or Cutjack). I like the Tenet better. G10 > FRN for a few bucks more.
Kizer Vanguard Begleiter or V3 Vigor.
Real Steel Sea Eagle, Snow Leopard. I'd rather have the Snow Leopards lock back vs the liner lock tbh.

A Case Trapper in CV is a great EDC folding knife.

I EDC a Benchmade 710, Emmerson CQC 7b, and a few other modern ones. But my trapper gets the most pocket time.

IMG_8412 (2).JPG
This one is a great cutter :)

Last edited:
Great suggestions so far but I highly second and suggest a spyderco delica.

I have quite a few knives, more than I need and some pretty expensive but in all honesty, the delica has never felt like, not enough knife. Highly practical, functional, good steel that is easy to re-sharpen, comes in different colors (if you're into bright colors although they have the plain janes) and don't underestimate the FRN handles, they are lightweight and super grippy/durable and dare I say it, fun.

In short, I love my delica, I'm sure you'd love one too.

ADS16sf.jpg

I don’t have one but if you’re trying to buy American maybe check one of these out? I have literally no excuse for not owning one. Buck Marksman!

oHEetQ1.jpg

I personally prefer a fixed blade, like my Bradford Guardian 3, but when I need a folder, Spydercos are hard to beat.

Great suggestions so far but I highly second and suggest a spyderco delica.
. . .
In short, I love my delica, I'm sure you'd love one too.

ADS16sf.jpg

My wife would second the above quote. Long, long ago, in another galaxy, we met at college in Golden, and while out on a date, I bought her her first knife at the Spyderco factory store (across the street from Mannie and Bo's, which had great calzones).

A few years ago (but a long time after that first knife), we were visiting family in Denver, and we went through Golden and hit the Spyderco Outlet. It was not in the same place we remembered, but I found a Manix2 and she found a Delica4 that she carries and uses all the time.

Its funny now that when she is out and about and someone needs to cut something, she is the only one with a knife. ;) I laugh every time she tells me "and then, I had to pull out my knife and save the day" or something similar. The best part is when she tells about the other folks asking where to get a knife like hers. :~)

For a folder, the Delica is a very good option, and from my wife's experience (and my limited experience when I can steal it), I'll second it. A Delica Wharncliffe is on my short list right now. Then again, a Manix2 or a Persistence (the Manix2's backup for me) or a Dragonfly (my wife's backup blade, and an Anniversary present a few years back), are great options too.

Enjoy and good luck in your search.

Looking to by a decent folder for EDC for around $75 American. I've had a Rat 1 for awhile but looking for something new. I live in Australia, the law is no automatic or assisted knifes. Any help would be great

I highly recommend you check out any of the Steel Will knives recomended in this thread. The Cutjack is most popular but the Modus is my favourite. As states above the Tenet is also a great knife.

Any of these will greatly impress you I imagine. The Rat is a great knife but the Steel Wills are a step above.

I also highly recommend you check out some of Real Steel’s offerings. I particularly like the Sea Eagle by them.

Here's something a little different, my current favorite EDC .

https://agrussell.com/knife/A-G-Russell-K12-One-Hand-Knife--K12-9CRGR

I've been a customer of theirs for a long time, probably 30 years. So I've read about the "one hand knife" a long time. Always said, Eh? Who cares? The all metal ones were cool but above my budget and the zytel ones seemed expensive for zytel handled knives. When they came out with this one I thought I'd try it.

I really like the way it functions. Was doing a yard project the first day I carried it and found many times opening/closing/returning to my pocket was great.

Liked it so much I bought the zytel handled model, which doesn't have a pocket clip but will be below your budget.

This may be a bit above your budget shipped, if you don't mind not having a pocket clip look at the zytel. The Ti one actually opens more smoothly.

Back