Food and Blades

YD9j8GA.jpg

I liked the fixed enough...

IqFNLX1.jpg

...so I bought the folder.

BOVNFln.jpg

I recommend the fixed.
The folder is nice but the blade grind is too thick and was a PITA to get "my" edge on it.
And the pocket clip screws are so tall that it won't allow full depth in the pocket without playing around.
Blade is set where I want it, just need to source some different screws and counter-sink a bit.

I had some friends from Europe for dinner last night, seconds before we hit the Green Egg with some good meat... :D

93qoa9.jpg

Friendly tip: you should add black pepper just before serving for it to give max flavor. If you cook the steaks with the pepper, it burns and doesn’t taste as tasty. :)

Friendly tip: you should add black pepper just before serving for it to give max flavor. If you cook the steaks with the pepper, it burns and doesn’t taste as tasty. :)
Thanks AL but to be honest with you, I'm rarely cooking these days and yes, I'm familiar with the principle but I usually do only some rub and that's it. This particular setup is done by my wife, she loves black pepper, I - don't... :D
Also, we cook on the green egg grill and those stakes don't stay on it more than 3+3 min, never seen those burned out enough to mess up the spices...
Generally the stakes look like this, medium rare ha ha ha :
yfvOW9.jpg

They go down very well with a glass of decent bourbon or ray :D
Again - thanks for the tip, I'll have a drink for you and the good intention :thumbsup:

Thanks AL but to be honest with you, I'm rarely cooking these days and yes, I'm familiar with the principle but I usually do only some rub and that's it. This particular setup is done by my wife, she loves black pepper, I - don't... :D
Also, we cook on the green egg grill and those stakes don't stay on it more than 3+3 min, never seen those burned out enough to mess up the spices...
Generally the stakes look like this, medium rare ha ha ha :
yfvOW9.jpg

They go down very well with a glass of decent bourbon or ray :D
Again - thanks for the tip, I'll have a drink for you and the good intention :thumbsup:

Absolutely! And man does that look good! :)
Edit: good, not hood! :D

Last edited:
Back