Food and Blades

Got this nice little Buck Vantage Pro last night. I put it to work. I drilled two squirrels today in my back yard with my air rifle. I cleaned them out with the little Buck. (Even though the squirrels were does)

They're just done in the pressure cooker; gonna make squirrel tacos tomorrow.

Are things getting that bad in Chicago? Ever make deep dish squirrely pizza?

You my friend made me lmfao. :DWhen saw the 1st pic thought it was a wet dead rat. How many squirrels does it take to make a meal for a family from squirrels?

I HAVE TO SEE WHAT THESE TACOS LOOK LIKE.:D Please post pics.

Got this nice little Buck Vantage Pro last night. I put it to work. I drilled two squirrels today in my back yard with my air rifle. I cleaned them out with the little Buck. (Even though the squirrels were does)

They're just done in the pressure cooker; gonna make squirrel tacos tomorrow.
I was gonna post a picture of a delica on a piece of pizza.
I’m out.
Can’t follow squirrel taco w pizza.

Making food:

3tFel7r.jpg

BsLFt3u.jpg

Bull calf is now a steer calf and will provide better meat for the consumer down the road.

VxblP7J.jpg

This kinda meat:

6Btuy2D.jpg

fGGzMaA.jpg

Are things getting that bad in Chicago? Ever make deep dish squirrely pizza?

You my friend made me lmfao. :DWhen saw the 1st pic thought it was a wet dead rat. How many squirrels does it take to make a meal for a family from squirrels?

I HAVE TO SEE WHAT THESE TACOS LOOK LIKE.:D Please post pics.
They look just like pulled pork.

After I butcher them, I pressure cook them in chicken broth for 30 minutes, so they're not tough. When I take them out, the meat's so tender it's falling of the bones. So I pick the meat off, them shred it in the food processor.

Next, sauté some onions. In the cast iron skillet.

Next, warm it up in some of the left over squirrel/chicken broth that's left over from pressure cooking.

Add the taco seasoning with some water and simmer it down for maybe half an hour.

This time of year, when they have some fat on them, it's delicious. It looks like chicken, but has its own flavor.

Difference between rats? Huge. Squirrels are clean game animals. They actually smell nice because of the scent glands under their arms.

I do admit to calling them "tree rats" when they're being pests, and "limb chickens" when I'm hungry.

There are so many in my neighborhood... I shoot at least 30 per year, and it has no lasting impact on their population. They sure do multiply like rats!

Yeah, things are bad in Chicago. Sales tax is 12%. (City) Property tax is through the roof; mine is $9k per year, for a small, 1950s ranch home on 1/2 acre in an unincorporated suburb. That's why my knife collection can't be fancy, I'm giving all my money to the corrupt government here.

Last edited:
By popular request, here's some shots of the squirrel tacos.

I skipped the onions this time. Here, I'm warming up the meat:

Simmering it down. You can see a heart at 5:00. They're especially good.

Chopping the toppings with a nice sharp Henckels santoku knife:

I then added some cheese and Louisiana Hot Sauce:

The finished product. I don't really like these fragile corn street taco shells, but since my 6 year old won't eat them, here they are:

I just had 5 of them and a few glasses of wine, while watching Blue Bloods. It is a nice way to spend a rainy Sunday afternoon.

squirrel tacos sounds awesome - i may have to try it, although I've been trying to put venison in the freezer.

SW-EDC SW-EDC you are looney if you eat those.
all i really know, is that the jalapenos we grow are twice as potent as anything I've ever purchased, and if those do the same thing, they are only fit for personal defense

Back