Food and Blades

Home made corndogs
9mjYBhD.jpg

jg4p4x.jpg

I put this over in what steel are you carrying. Belongs here even more. First time I saw this thread for some reason.

OK you asked for it.
typing with one hand eating fried chicken w'it t'other. Short post. In order of use :
1. VG-10 Ouroboros
2. ZDP-189 Ladybug
3. H-1 Tasman Salt (Hookbill blade)
but the night is young

PS: oh yes and there was some White Paper steel in there to prepare my apple.

No doubt but I can sharpen!
That dulls the tip pretty quickly though...
Funny thing is I just got it back from benchmade. I sent it there for two broken omega springs. They broke the day after I sharpened it to 3000 and had no choice but to send it to them with a killer edge. Attached a note to leave my edge alone just fix the spring. Needless to say they sent it back with the nastiest edge I have seen in a while. So I am using that shit edge up in the kitchen before I make it functional again. I see know reason to remove metal for a pretty edge (Even it improves performance drastically). I will sharpen my one kitchen knife and dozen or so other folders patiently waiting for sharpening day. / /

decided to edit before someone asked how both springs broke on my bugout in one day. Was playing with it at work one morning and the clip side spring broke around the axis rod. I took out my leatherman and pulled the broken spring out and checked the lock. It was secure enough to use gently so I carried on using it cautiously when it broke only hours after the other one. Granted it wasn't design to run a asymmetrical spring set up with half tension so the second spring reaking is on me, but the first one is on benchmade.

Last edited:
Back