Food and Blades

Just some chicken bone broth I made last week with some chicken and spinach thrown in.
Quick and healthy after trail riding and leaf clearing today.
That's funny cuz my hot pot was spinach and beef shoulder but for my wife I made hers with chicken and spinach for lunch I threw in a carb though.

That's funny cuz my hot pot was spinach and beef shoulder but for my wife I made hers with chicken and spinach for lunch I threw in a carb though.
I'm going to throw some noodles into the mix tomorrow after a carb free day today.
And bacon...need some bacon.

Anyone wanna take a stab at what I'm prepping for the weekend?;)
7NEB52w.jpg

Sooo tasty looking!
Thanks!
Same with your soup!
Got me looking up recipes now...
I hear you with involved recipes.
I make my own Thai red curries from scratch and it takes like a week to collect all of the ingredients (like 20!), mostly online orders being nowhere near a decent Asian market.
But it's so worth the effort, I've never found a commercial paste that's nearly as tasty.

Thanks!
It's (pre) roast pernil.
I'll have some finished pictures in 24 hours or so.:)

I was going to say Pernil but wasn’t sure if that’s the word in English word . My father makes a really good Pernil usually have with arroz con gandulees. Puertorican food . Good food .

I was going to say Pernil but wasn’t sure if that’s the word in English word . My father makes a really good Pernil usually have with arroz con gandulees. Puertorican food . Good food .
@barman that sounds like a really awesome endeavor though! There's nothing worse than getting served a pandered not good version of something amazing.

I mean I'm all for pandering of its tasty. One of my favorite Chinese take out foods is General Tsao's from Panda Express. The closest thing to General Tsao's growing up was sweet and sour spare ribs for me so it's a treat finding a Panda Express around.

miltmaldo miltmaldo That's what I make on the side when I make it. I was in Springfield, MA and to my surprise there was more Puerto Rican spots in that little town than there were in all of Brooklyn by the time I moved out to NJ in 2005. I make pernil sometimes but halfway into cooking I get confused in what I'm doing and it ends up looking like a Chinese roast pig with puffy crispy skin instead of crackling pernil skin. I still miss my favorite luncheonettes that always seemed to be right next to a dollar gypsy can car service.

My favorite meals were always pernil or a giant bowl of Mondongo and a side of steamy rice.

@barman that sounds like a really awesome endeavor though! There's nothing worse than getting served a pandered not good version of something amazing.

I mean I'm all for pandering of its tasty. One of my favorite Chinese take out foods is General Tsao's from Panda Express. The closest thing to General Tsao's growing up was sweet and sour spare ribs for me so it's a treat finding a Panda Express around.

miltmaldo miltmaldo That's what I make on the side when I make it. I was in Springfield, MA and to my surprise there was more Puerto Rican spots in that little town than there were in all of Brooklyn by the time I moved out to NJ in 2005. I make pernil sometimes but halfway into cooking I get confused in what I'm doing and it ends up looking like a Chinese roast pig with puffy crispy skin instead of crackling pernil skin. I still miss my favorite luncheonettes that always seemed to be right next to a dollar gypsy can car service.

My favorite meals were always pernil or a giant bowl of Mondongo and a side of steamy rice.

Nothing's wrong with sweet & sour if done well. Proper roast baby pig is not always easy to find.

Mondongo you surprised me with that . Parents haven’t made that in a while . I won’t even attempt to make it . Last time I had mondogo with white Rice I was in San Juan PR .

Back