For $500 , what would you get? (Part 2)

Wolverine666

Gold Member
I asked this question sometime last year. But as time goes by , new knives become available and people's tastes change.

So for $500 , which knife (or knives) would be your choice today?

As of now, I would get a Spyderco fluted titanium military, a ZT 0804cf, and a Spyderco Sharpmaker.

Is it an unaccounted for [extra] $500? Or $500 from my already existent knife buying budget?

If it's an extra [free] $500:
CRK professional soldier tanto ($190) and make myself some Westinghouse micarta scales ($50-60 for the maerial) and a Spartan Phrike ($250).

Both of them are knives I'd really like to own but just can't quite justify with my current knife buying budget.

I already have about $500 worth of customs on order so of were talking just standard knife buying budget my answers would be the Xmas gift knife for my best friend from Gollik and the Tupper Knife & Tool knife I have ordered for myself.

Last edited:
Is it an unaccounted for [extra] $500? Or $500 from my already existent knife buying budget?

If it's an extra [free] $500:
CRK professional soldier tanto ($190) plus some Westinghouse micarta scales ($50-60) and a Spartan Phrike ($250).

Both of them are knives I'd really like to own but just can't quite justify with my current knife buying budget.

I already have about $500 worth of customs on order so of were talking just standard knife buying budget my answers would be the Xmas gift knife for my best friend from Gollik and the Tupper Knife & Tool knife I have ordered for myself.

Yes an "extra" $500 to be spent solely on cutlery. Like a gift card to GPK , KC , DLT or whomever is your favorite dealer.

Yes an "extra" $500 to be spent solely on cutlery. Like a gift card to GPK , KC , DLT or whomever is your favorite dealer.
Wolverine! You are as kind and generous as you are hairy and fierce! I'll pm you my address and you send that 500.00 gift card on over to shiny! Thanks again..

If somebody handed me $500 and said you have to buy a knife, one knife, (or I take the money back, and you can't keep the change), at this point I think I'd buy a Chris Reeves knife (CRK) which I don't own, or another TA Davison traditional slippie. I love Todd's knives.

I am new to this and already bought all the "must haves" I read about. Like the Spyderco PM2, Zt 0450cb, Benchmade 940, and a few other expensive knives from ZT. Then a few weeks ago bought my first CRK Large 21, and it has ruined me! I did not thing it could live up to the hype, nor think I would sell my other knives to get a new one, but this morning I am already on knife art and looking at getting a CRK 21 Sebenza Large with Tanto blade..... So guess I would say Sebenza 21 large with Tanto.

^^ A nice custom fixed blade would be sweet.

Do you think $500 could buy a decent custom non-flipper folder? Custom folders seem to be way up there in price.

If the $500 was given to me for free, I would probably get a Benchmade Anthem.
Just because it's a knife I would never buy with my own hard-earned money.

I absolutely love it, but it's way too expensive and I already carry a 940 so I don't need it.

If the $500 was given to me for free, I would probably get a Benchmade Anthem.
Just because it's a knife I would never buy with my own hard-earned money.

I absolutely love it, but it's way too expensive and I already carry a 940 so I don't need it.
I was thinking the same thing on the Anthem.

Hmmmm

BM 940-2 G10 $170
CS SR1 G10 $150
LionSteel KUR G10 $172
------------------------------
$492

Should I post my pp address so you/someone can send me the $500? ;)

Back