For $500 , what would you get? (Part 2)

I would try to add a buck or two and get an Olamic Swish.
Right there with you... Almost wanted to do a dumb and snag a Swish on the exchange for $500 a few days ago. Thankfully I didn't go through with it.
^^ A nice custom fixed blade would be sweet.

Do you think $500 could buy a decent custom non-flipper folder? Custom folders seem to be way up there in price.
If you like traditionals, Todd Davison's knives sell at around $600. It's a bit over $500 but hey, it's a sweet custom :D

purchase a CRK CF Mnandi
o.png

First, I would get really excited. If I were looking for a fixed blade, I would see if I could find a Dark Timber Honey Badger or 1911 Elite for that price. Seriously, for a knife you are going to use, they are unbelievable.

For a folder, a TAD G&G Hawk Dauntless. They are sweet.

Probably a Ti-Lock or a custom.
I might even just mail it to Sal at Spyderco to ensure I get the first Maxamet Military, with no further out of pocket expenses.

I took a basic $210 fixed blade and sent it out to have $200+ worth of work on the blade. Then another $200+ for a special custom leather cross-draw sheath and matching custom leather belt.
Pretty soon I will find out what I've ended up with. I'm hoping for the very finest in craftsmanship and utility...all wrapped up in one.
Certainly, I've picked my idea of the very finest craftsmen to do the work...
This one is likely my last "hurrah" in terms of spending a bunch of money.
Of course, I hope to show it off here...once all the pieces arrive. A bit scary... :)

Last edited:
$500 to spend today:
I'll get a Spyderco Nirvana and probably have enough left over to get another Spyderco Dragonfly for my wife.

An extra $500
It would be added to my "Gotta get Tad Lynch to build me a knife" fund !

Probably a deviant blades myrtle or buffalo. Belgian custom maker (the Spyderco myrtle is a cooperation based on his design) who would make a nice custom for 500 (euro).

I took a basic $210 fixed blade and sent it out to have $200+ worth of work on the blade. Then another $200+ for a special custom leather cross-draw sheath and matching custom leather belt.
Pretty soon I will find out what I've ended up with. I'm hoping for the very finest in craftsmanship and utility...all wrapped up in one.
Certainly, I've picked my idea of the very finest craftsmen to do the work...
This one is likely my last "hurrah" in terms of spending a bunch of money.
Of course, I hope to show it off here...once all the pieces arrive. A bit scary... :)
I'm not a fan of the suspense here. Any clues as to what the knife is?

Back