For $500 , what would you get? (Part 2)

Probably a Sebenza, now that I have 2 other $500 knives in a MUDD and SHF, a Sebenza is certainly next in line to fill that void, unless I came across a Wayfarer in that range that I absolutely loved, or an older Winged Boye lockback. As it were, those 3 are on my list of next high end folders, Olamics I like (or a one off of my design) would be typically over $500 though, and BDS Winged Boye folders aren't readily available, and may or may not be over $500 depending on condition and handle material, so Sebenza it would be.

Last edited:
I'm not a fan of the suspense here. Any clues as to what the knife is?

Not sure why I withheld that info. A basic S!K GSO 2.7, blade-work by Josh of REK, and the custom belt and custom leather sheath by
Dave Ferry of Horsewright Clothing and Tack. Unbelievable artistry from these two fellas...
I'll show plenty of pics when they come in...
Don

Zt 0452cf
Zt 0450ti
Pm2 s35vn
Ok so that's more like $530 but I'll make up the difference if someone wants to send the 5 Benjamin's

17332403_1416273878436691_867956308622442496_n.jpg

Aaron Frederick Chod. A slick little custom knife with a bottle opener for under 300 dollars.

I'd get another small Strider fixed blade (about $300) and an Extrema Ratio BF1 (about $200). I like the way that small Striders like the DB and the PR fit in my hand, and I've always wanted to try an ER.
ETA:
If you're looking for things to buy and you don't have a decent sharpener yet, I'd recommend a Sharpmaker. Easy to use, and it yields great edges.
That said, in keeping with the thread, my new list would be a Sharpmaker ($80), a small Strider fixed blade ($300), and another Spyderco PM2 ($125).

Last edited:
I'd pick up a decent 240mm gyuto in a carbon steel. Aogami #2 or Aogami Super perhaps. I'd have to shop a bit to pick one out. I wouldn't benefit from a $500 pocket knife, so I'd spend that money where it would count.

The new Liong Mah XV - 15th Anniverasry integral flipper.
View attachment 803877
I love most of Liong's designs, and have owned a couple (still have a GSD). But this one is a head scratcher. That screen would act the same as a lint trap on a dryer. It will fill up with pocket snot and look like $%^& after a couple of days. I'm not going to sit there with a toothbrush and compressed air at the end of the day before stropping it! I was going to ask him his thoughts on IG, but didn't want to harsh his mellow. I guess if you don't care - but if you're getting an LM I'm guessing you do care.

I think I'd go with either a new large Inkosi with Micarta inlays ($45 over budget but such is life) , a new large Sebenza with the Gold Hex design or another high quality Ti framelock non-flipper that I haven't discovered yet.

Also , if Spyderco did another sprint run of one of my fave models (Yo2 w/ marbled CF and M390 please) then I'd prob pick up a few of those.

I'd definitely get a Farrum Forge Septer $499. Oh and I'd be happy to pitch in for the shipping lol:DI had the Falcon that was designed by them and made by WE Knives then distributed by Massdrop. I loved the knife but it only left be wanting a Farrum Forge Original witch I'm sure was part of the plan. Well as far as I'm concerned at least It worked!!:p:thumbsup:

Protech Les George Rockeye in CPM D2 OR KC exclusive Manix 2 Carbon Fiber and Cru-Wear. REALLY impressed with that Protech!

Real Steel Sea Eagle
Real Steel Forager or Pointman
Schrade Frontier fixed blade 1095 (maybe)

ESEE Junglas
Ontario machete and another cheap, thin stock machete

That covers everything I would need except my slimline machetes for clearing land, but those could do everything I would need a knife for. And if it was 1 knife, it would be a Ferrum Forge Fortis.

Last edited:
I don't have any interest in knives made around the 500 mark, I don't think. I want stuff in the $800-2000 range. So I'd probably buy 2 or 3 knives with $500.

I would really kill to get two knives right now.

Gareth Bull Shamwari

If I had the dough I would buy one right now. I need to save up. But every time I have loot none are for sale, as soon as the loot is gone 2 days later they start showing up, woe is me.

Emerson HD7. I have fantasizes about this knife for an unhealthy ammount of time.

Last edited:
Back