For sale section closed threads

Gary W. Graley

“Imagination is more important than knowledge"
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Some sections of the sale areas get flooded quickly, moving your thread out into page 12 in a short time.

I wondered if the software was able to move those that have been Closed to a Closed section of the sale area?

That would remove a stack of threads and not make so many get pushed to never never land ?

G2

The 2 week bump rule ruined selling here a long time ago unless your stuff sells the first day for the same reason.

The 2 week bump rule ruined selling here a long time ago unless your stuff sells the first day for the same reason.

I’ve sold plenty of knives whose threads were more than a day old, “ruined” certainly doesn’t apply to me and my ability to sell items. Considering how many threads are posted in the for sale sections I’d say selling here is still fully alive and well.

Lack of bumping gives all sellers the same level of exposure, can’t get more fair than that.

Gary W. Graley Gary W. Graley Good idea Gary. I would like to slow down the push to page 12 too (page 4, for that matter :() I asked, once or twice, that the Custom Knives Exchange be divided into a fixed and folders sub forums with the same intent. Maybe your idea will get some traction.

Ray

Certainly wouldn't hurt to remove/move those that are closed out of play, plus saves people from checking them when they are already over. Probably not feasible to do, but worth the ask, the thread would have the lock that the system could key off of and then slide them over to the Done folder.

G2

It wasn't just "one person" - people would bump their threads every hour or two and posts would be "slid" off the first page almost instantly. "Bumping" is only a thing on sites using forums for sales. You don't see it on eBay, GunBroker, Armslist or places with classified ads - in fact if you want your stuff to gain extra attention, you have to pay extra to have it highlighted.

All things being equal I'd prefer to have a classified ads system in place but people complain even more about that.

Kevin, I agree the bump thing was a smart thing to do for sure. My question was if there is a way to shuffle the deck to remove the 'done' threads to help clear out those that are no longer in the game kinda thing.
G2

One spot I"m on has the OP add a particular word to the post when the item is sold. Then the posts are searched and moved en masse as time allows by one of the staff.

It makes more work for the staff of course.

I'd love it if people would close their threads when they are sold. I can't realistically enforce it. I should look and see if there's a way for people to change the for sale / trade tag to sold or something

I way I see it, if you want your product to sell while it's on the front page, you'd better have a competitive price and good pictures.
None of this, I can't post pictures now, "it says my file is too big or text for pics."
If you've been here for a couple years, you oughta know how to post a picture.

Competition baby. Get competitive.

Yup, and some sites make you join or sign up first. Deal killer for this ol boy.

Back