? For the big Vic lovers

My Hercules has spent it’s life in a sheath on my Junglas, but I’ve made up mind…my ST300 is going to fill that role (it never gets used except camping trips anyway) and I am going to squeeze the the big Vic into my rotation. 😉 If it becomes a burden sitting at the bottom of my pocket I can always make use of one of my Lynch NW danglers. I’m gonna say it…SAKs are cooler than multi-tools…fight me.
Not gonna fight.. multitools or SAKs they are all cool to me! 😎

Well I broke down and bought a sheath for the Hercules, nothing fancy, just the $10 cordura model (I believe that’s what it’s made of). If I like it, and carrying this big Vic on my belt, I’ll upgrade to a “fancier” model in the future.

Last edited:
Continuing to carry the big Vic (aka the Beefcake lol) in my front right pocket. I’m getting comfortable with the added weight, so it’s becoming less and less noticeable… and I really like that side lock.

Normally, I find myself checking to make sure clipless knives haven’t slipped out of my pocket, but not the Hercules, I know it’s there. Most of the time I’m carrying a SAK in one pocket, and a primary blade in another…with the Hercules I get a 3” locking blade and a wide assortment of useful tools…all in one pocket.
I may have wasted $10 on that sheath.

Last edited:
Well the sheath for the locking 111mm models showed up in my mailbox, and while it’s a snug fit for the Hercules, it’s very doable. I prefer pocket carry for folders, and rarely carry folders on my belt, but I’m gonna give belt carry a shot. Bonus points for an extra pocket to carry more “stuff”. 😂

A couple comparison pics with a 112…

anonymous photo sharing

Last edited:
The Big Vics NEED to be carried in a belt sheath. Being ex military I just can't carry junk in my pockets. I'll wear belts, slings or harnesses but my pockets will be empty and buttoned down. I am a classic victim of government brainwashing and My Drill Sgt. WOULD BE PROUD!!!!!

Well the sheath for the locking 111mm models showed up in my mailbox, and while it’s a snug fit for the Hercules, it’s very doable. I prefer pocket carry for folders, and rarely carry folders on my belt, but I’m gonna give belt carry a shot. Bonus points for an extra pocket to carry more “stuff”. 😂

A couple comparison pics with a 112…

anonymous photo sharing

Well a sheath is gonna have to be upgraded before I’ll carry the Herc on my belt again. I snagged it a couple times at work today…seems it’s just too thick, doesn’t stay put on my work belt, and dangles enough to notice it. Back to the pocket it goes.

*edit…I guess I shouldn’t be complaining too much, it wasn’t an expensive sheath. lol

Last edited:
For a good many years I carried a Centurion in a belt case then traded to a huntsman also carried in the same case. Both too large for pocket carry in my opinion. Now I just carry any small stockman with a blade just short of two inches. I don't really need a multi task knife around the house. and yard.

Well a sheath is gonna have to be upgraded before I’ll carry the Herc on my belt again. I snagged it a couple times at work today…seems it’s just too thick, doesn’t stay put on my work belt, and dangles enough to notice it. Back to the pocket it goes.

*edit…I guess I shouldn’t be complaining too much, it wasn’t an expensive sheath. lol

dV3nS6o.jpg

I whole heartedly recommend pancake sheath if possible. They stay snugged, don’t wiggle nor catch on things. They press on you slightly more but you get used to it quite quickly.

dV3nS6o.jpg

I whole heartedly recommend pancake sheath if possible. They stay snugged, don’t wiggle nor catch on things. They press on you slightly more but you get used to it quite quickly.
I have a friend that makes really nice holsters, I think I’m gonna have to give him a call this weekend.

Obviously we all love SAKs and multitools, but I’m curious…how many here can honestly say they could carry a big heavy Vic every day in their pocket?
I absolutely love the amount of tools (as well as the larger locking blade) the Hercules provides, but good grief it’s a monster. Im going to give it another shot next week. I’ll definitely be wearing a belt to keep my britches up 😂

I DO like this knife, and I'm going to have to get one. I enjoy it more every time I see you post pics of it.

That said, as for heavy, I DO carry a Swiss Champ in my offside pocket virtually every day, and some days, I'll carry a RangerGrip 78 instead. The RG78 is a pretty big, heavy Vic in its own right, so I'd daresay that would count towards your question! All that said, I have obtained one of Vic's belt pouches (in that nice green leather(ish) material) for the RG78 to ride in on the weekends. I think with a lanyard, a Hercules would be entirely doable. I would probably get one of those little pocket clip things, and run a line between it and the ring on a Hercules, that way it was easy to fish out of a pocket.

Back