For the love of Blueberry, Brisket Rub, Tsunami, and Starry Night

Sapphirey Night...more green
2v2EUac5SxurAoi.jpg

unfortunately that bad mofo fell outta my pocket somewhere

Nothing is one time only. Its just a matter of acquiring the material. I have a bit more Starrey Night.

Reassuring! Thank you, Sir.

So the milky, light green “chunks” that appear in Starry Night - those are what they appear to be? = embedded glow-in-the-dark large bits?

2v2EUac5SxurAoi.jpg

Gasp!
I am suitably stunned. . . .

So the greener hued version actually has an altered name? I think I might prefer this variant, but both are lovely, indeed.

So very sorry you lost her. Have lost two heartbreakers that way, myself.

Reassuring! Thank you, Sir.

So the milky, light green “chunks” that appear in Starry Night - those are what they appear to be? = embedded glow-in-the-dark large bits?
Ye
Gasp!
I am suitably stunned. . . .

So the greener hued version actually has an altered name? I think I might prefer this variant, but both are lovely, indeed.

So very sorry you lost her. Have lost two heartbreakers that way, myself.
Yes...sapphirey night...im pretty sure only a couple were made out it

2v2EUac5SxurAoi.jpg

You're friggen kidding! I'm sorry to hear that - that bites!! Shoulda just run around with a 3000 lumen flashlight and then wait for it to pop out.

This wasn't from the Trackrock creek incident, was it? ;)

You're friggen kidding! I'm sorry to hear that - that bites!! Shoulda just run around with a 3000 lumen flashlight and then wait for it to pop out.

This wasn't from the Trackrock creek incident, was it? ;)
it was Fiddleback User weekend i believe you are talking about...and..no

Speaking of flashlights,Allen did snag this for me yesterday and brought it in this morning
2v2H7zwFoxurAoi.jpg

This Hiking Buddy from July 2015 was the first Fiddleback with Starry Night burlap. It is also the only one I know of with bolsters.

The first batch of Starry Night from Shadetree was characterized by distinct islands of yellow (or “Philellow” as they called it) divided by rivers of blue and lots of glow chips. That makes it fun to use at night around a campfire because you can’t lose track of where it is at.

i-58kKP7b-XL.jpg

i-KS8p9Gp-XL.jpg

i-4xdkxmp-XL.jpg

i-x4ktMPp-XL.jpg

I sold this Hiking Buddy a few years to a good forum friend who always admired it. I haven’t seen him around here much in recent years, so I hope the Starry Night glow chips are still helping light the way wherever life takes him.

Last year I received a very special 3/32” KEB as a gift from a dear friend. It features an exceptionally attractive set of Starry Night from the original batch. It is loaded with glow chips that are hard to capture well on a cell phone camera.

i-jT5B9r2-XL.jpg

i-gZhtSRR-XL.jpg

i-3Nq6CvQ-XL.jpg

i-LKHTgh7-XL.jpg

i-dsMbMbw-XL.jpg

i-sq3KVxG-XL.jpg

Shadetree’s Starry Night burlap is cool stuff. I hope they keep making it and knife makers keep using it.

Phil

Last edited:
That’s great... now you can pursue the hunt for the next Solo for yourself, I love mine it got me to the fbf family and I edc it often a Great little knife !!!

Back