For the love of the Potbelly....

JAB Potbelly fans, feel free to post your praise and pics.

My new one that I will NOT part with. For any reason this time.

My all time favorite factory fixed blade user, by far. Unequalled in my eyes.

IMG_0453.jpgIMG_0451.jpgIMG_0452.jpg

Does KA-BAR sell the black and chartreuse handles separately? I have seen some of them in their Zombie Series and they look identical to the Potbelly scales ? I think my Potbelly would look bad ass! all black and tactical looking or Zombie looking with the chartreuse.

P1010730-Copy_zps0a9ec118.jpg

P1010731-Copy_zps8ace3e7e.jpg

I'd like to see a pic of a naked tang on one of those. Is it solid steel or skeletonized? For that matter, what are the beckers like the Bk2 and Bk9?

I don't have the potbelly, but if it's anything like my zombie sword, the handle is solid. As far as the BK line goes, earlier versions of the bk2 were solid, but current versions the handle is skeletonized. I believe my bk9 is solid as well. Hopefully this will tide you over till the real experts respond:)

I love my Potbelly! I have a few mods done to it though. Probly nothing you guys haven't seen before. I'll be posting pics. up soon. Need to find free picture hosting website, an ideas?

I love my Potbelly! I have a few mods done to it though. Probly nothing you guys haven't seen before. I'll be posting pics. up soon. Need to find free picture hosting website, an ideas?

Welcome to the forums. I've found photobucket to be pretty painless to use with the forum here. In the Becker sub-forum, there is a FAQ sticky that has a link to a very good tutorial on posting pics in your posts here.

Looking forward to seeing your Potbelly mods, one of the mottos around here seems to be pictures are good, more pictures are better!

Erik,

PS. I've only had a Potbelly for a few months, I don't get to use it every day, but it is one of the funnest knives I own.

Here is my attempt at putting links or link up for my Potbelly.

The last picture is my leg rig that I had adapted to hold my Potbelly and my Bushlore Mini from Condor Tool & Knife.

Thank you to Kim Breed for putting on the new micarta handle material, new kydex sheaths and making this knife my own.

Nice scales! Cool that you added the bow drill divot. Looks like they are thicker at the top and taper a little towards the lanyard hole? I thought about the drop leg holster carry, but never saw it through, how do you like it?

Erik

Nice scales! Cool that you added the bow drill divot. Looks like they are thicker at the top and taper a little towards the lanyard hole? I thought about the drop leg holster carry, but never saw it through, how do you like it?

Erik

No taper. I like the leg rig allot. Very easy access to my knives if need be. Not much for having a big sheath hanging on my belt, weighing my belt down. It's not like my blackhawk riggers belt can't handle it, but you see where I am coming from I'm sure. I'm going to drop off my Mora HD with Kim so I can swap out the Bushlore Mini on the leg rig with the Mora. The Mini is now my EDC.

Here's a couple quick pics without scales, sorry about image quality and shadow, but...

At any rate, confirm that the tang is solid except for the through holes that the fasteners go through.

ac87a0c576fcad2b2051f7af958cc846.jpg

c24fac47d8832535d4bdc98bba86567e.jpg

Erik

Here's a couple quick pics without scales, sorry about image quality and shadow, but...

At any rate, confirm that the tang is solid except for the through holes that the fasteners go through.

ac87a0c576fcad2b2051f7af958cc846.jpg

c24fac47d8832535d4bdc98bba86567e.jpg

Erik

Thanks Erik, that looks like the most awesomeness that I could sink $80 bucks into. Will pick one up eventually.

Back