For the Love of Wood

Some dyed box elder for this fine Friday ....

7zl2eeC.jpg

What kind of wood was that pelican made out of?
Disregard, I just read the earlier post.........it's iron wood and its beautiful.

OK, I'm back with a new one. I saw Whetstone39 Whetstone39 's and @photoman12001 's knives and ordered this lionSTEEL beauty from CollectorKnives. I've picked up a few Italian knives along the way as their quality is generally quite good and have also started to dabble just a little in traditionals, as I've picked up a Benchmade Proper and this beauty which feature more modern materials in traditional patterns.

This one is a Roundhead Barlow spearpoint in M390 with Ti liners and bolsters and Pal Santo scales. I'm really diggin' this one!

WRYtTLS.jpg

Nnv0wNn.jpg

OK, I'm back with a new one.

And a nice one that is! I thought long and hard about getting one with the santo wood ... but, instead, went with the ram's horn. CK has a winner with this one and Lionsteel did a great job for them. Have heard that a clip point version might be on the horizon!

And a nice one that is! I thought long and hard about getting one with the santo wood ... but, instead, went with the ram's horn. CK has a winner with this one and Lionsteel did a great job for them. Have heard that a clip point version might be on the horizon!
They still had a couple ram's horns left when I ordered the other day, but I went with the Palo Santo as I was hoping for a light hued one like several others I'd seen. The one I got is just perfect!

So now I have this lionSTEEL and the TiSpine I got from you and you'd think that would be enough of those for a little while, but, I guess not. I've been looking at SR1-Gs, as I really like fluted Ti, and CK had a stupidly low price on them, so I've got one of those on the way. :rolleyes:

Here's my little lions' den for the moment....

1ukHz9P.jpg

Last edited:
OK, I'm back with a new one. I saw Whetstone39 Whetstone39 's and @photoman12001 's knives and ordered this lionSTEEL beauty from CollectorKnives. I've picked up a few Italian knives along the way as their quality is generally quite good and have also started to dabble just a little in traditionals, as I've picked up a Benchmade Proper and this beauty which feature more modern materials in traditional patterns.

This one is a Roundhead Barlow spearpoint in M390 with Ti liners and bolsters and Pal Santo scales. I'm really diggin' this one!

WRYtTLS.jpg

Nnv0wNn.jpg

That is one of the better looking Palo Santo wood versions I have seen, congrats!

Back