For the sake of crossing things.

Those are officially licensed Hasbro Obi Wan Kenobi plastic lightsabers lol

That teaches me try to look at something on my old ass blackberry, it really did look like knives or batons on the phone, but I can really see them now on my desktop. lol, I got had, you got me....:cool:

We ought to have a lightsaber duel, here's me and my daughters official Disneyland custom lightsabers...:p Got them for her, after she passed the Jedi Academy...lol

Avert your eyes, Bawanna!

IMG_2561_zpsc1de1048.jpg~original

:eek::thumbup:

Love the light sabers!

Phillll, if you die, you gotta leave that orange handled Folly to me!!

Glad they aren't real- imagine the possibilities for those ADD moments...not much room for error.

If they were real, I'd be in a few dozen pieces, considering how wildly my daughter swings those things. As long as it isn't the Tibetan Long Sword, or Tarwar, I'm thankful.

Get the Clorox, I'm bleaching the image out of my eyes.

Bookie got Foxy Fever......................

Bookie you might have to fight Bawanna for it, I heard he's pretty scrappy.

They're not crossed, but still a nice layout, from Yangdu's original photo.

Lokendra kami (not to be confused with Lok kami) did several Gorkha Hat Knives. At some point he decided that the Gorkha needed a wife, so he did a female version and staged a ceremony: the marriage of Brave Man and Wise Woman. This is the wedding picture, followed by a picture of Lokendra with the knives in-progress, and a sharper photo of the Gorkha Hat Knife.

View attachment 473409

View attachment 473410

View attachment 473411

They are. I spent a lot of time polishing the handle of the GHK, which is when I learned how beautiful neem wood is under the surface. I haven't yet polished the handle of the female version, but in any case both handles are extremely comfortable. The carved head serves as a nice rounded backstop for the hand.

What beautiful blades and the carving is exquisite. For being from 2 different kamis they are so close for the steel and I can't decide which hilt I like better they are both so well done. But they bring up something else that just popped into my head. All these people thinking the standard tang on HIs are gonna break and they need a Chiruwa or Full tang, yet I have never seen a sword made with that type of tang. They are ALL stick tangs and no one ever thinks they are going to break and over centuries they haven't. LoL. I wonder why they think a knife needs a bigger tang than a sword?

Those are Fox Folly. After a guy named Fox i believe. They are much thinner and lighter than Dui Chirras. Im thinking like 1/4-3/8th inch? Not heavy choppers tho.

What beautiful blades and the carving is exquisite. For being from 2 different kamis they are so close for the steel and I can't decide which hilt I like better they are both so well done. But they bring up something else that just popped into my head. All these people thinking the standard tang on HIs are gonna break and they need a Chiruwa or Full tang, yet I have never seen a sword made with that type of tang. They are ALL stick tangs and no one ever thinks they are going to break and over centuries they haven't. LoL. I wonder why they think a knife needs a bigger tang than a sword?

The Tibetan Long Sword is a full tang handle, but the Tarwar is a standard khuk handle.

Cul, not talking about HI swords. I mean ALL swords, sabers, Vikings, all the Oakshott styles ect. Full tang in all those cases are rat tail tangs none of them are Chiruwa style full tangs.

Cul, not talking about HI swords. I mean ALL swords, sabers, Vikings, all the Oakshott styles ect. Full tang in all those cases are rat tail tangs none of them are Chiruwa style full tangs.

Thanks for the clarification, my bad, sorry.

I agree with you on the fact that the other swords are not Chiruwa styled handles, and they're strong enough. Very True.

My lightsabers aren't even full tang...lol, :p

A camp knife that fills the hatchet role is the one place you might break a sword tanged knife (though I haven't personally in 30+ years of making and demolishing knives). An actual sword, on the other hand, is intended to hit things that give a little bit...hit a telephone pole hard with a sword an things will go agley quickly...

Back