For those who carry multiple folders

I was experimenting with carrying multiple folding pocket knives this weekend and got to thinking...when you clip each knife to its own unique pocket, do you flip the clip from say righty to lefty so that right-side pockets have a right handed clip setup and left-side pockets have a left handed clip setup? Or do you just keep all your clips on the same side? I was wondering if having designated left and right pocket knives and clip setups is better for carry and one handed draw but worse for use as the flipped clip might create hot spots.

I carry back pocket and front. Both on the right hand side. No need to change clip orientation.

Whatever works. An advantage to having two is if your primary hand gets immobilized. Like in a dogs mouth or wrapped around a farm implement. The second knife should be able to be reached by the off hand and opened by the off hand.

When i do carry a second folder it’s a waved endura in my left front so the clip is oriented for this location.

I carry two knives most days, one modern folder clipped to my right hand pocket, and one slipjoint or SAK in a pocket slip, with my light, in my left hand pocket.

MgOkcfk.jpg

When I carry two, the "backup" is in my left-front pants pocket, so I switch the clip accordingly.

Is the primary reason to switch clips to prevent the knife from opening in the pocket or for one handed deployment with the non-dominant hand?

I routinely carry two folders (and a fixed blade, when possible). The modern folder is clipped in my rfp. A traditional is in my lfp - no clip.

I carry all my folders "in pocket" with, or in addition to, some fixed blades. The pocket clip is something that just doesn't appeal to me (I might use it, but it's not a need) :
EALpG2K.jpg

If I'm wearing jeans and carrying a big folder I like to slip a Cold Steel Mini Tuff Lite (no clip) into the little watch pocket.

I mainly carry the Mini Tuff Lite in case I want to whittle on the go (I tend to vandalize random sticks to kill time) but it's also handy if I'm concerned about thwacking open the Olamic Rainmaker or ZT 0454 or whatever because of my surrounding.

image.jpeg I carry a large folder tip down in my RFP, a 9 bladed clipped SAK Mini Champ in my LFP, and a medium folder tip in in my placket.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    226.8 KB · Views: 0
Unless the lock has a very strong detent or locks closed, I make sure the spine of the blade goes up against an inseam to eliminate accidental openings. Clip placement impacts this.

Back