for winter, what Buck ya carrying and how cold is it...

jbmonkey

I'm going to r/kennyland
Platinum Member
20201208_102157.jpg

so I'm in ga mountains, 2c here at 10: 27am and Buck Vantage cerakote s30v. very cold to this flatlander from the swamps of Florida. im starting to get why folks wear gloves in the cold. cant wait for summer again...I do hate the cold weather.

30 degrees here in the WV mountains, with snow on the ground. Since I accepted a fellow BF members challenge of trying to carry a 110 for a month when I'm wearing a belt, it will be the bottom left one.
mRsuOgC.jpg

45 degrees on going to 63 today in Elizabeth, CO. I'm carrying this, right now...
Snow predicted at 50% for Friday and 28 degrees.
rsbzQ9p.jpg
that is a great knife. thats the ag Russell special Buck run with 2 different steels isn't it? I remember ya explaining to me in another thread about it.

both of y'all above, guess cold aint no big deal. no snow here yet anyways, and I'm glad.

It is 40 f now was 26 at sunup. Looking for a high of 62 melting the 4-5 inches of snow from last Wednesday. Only a few places left where snow drifted.

I am carrying my regular vantage pro 20cv and 303 cadet with a 110 LT at standby in my pickup along with a LM Wave. I have a spare vantage pro and a case slim line trapper in my lunch box just in case something extraordinary happens.

Today, like on normal days I'm carrying my 1992, 426 Buck Workman, with 425m steel. We had 30* at daylight. Maybe 50* now. Snow is forecast for tomorrow. Living here, you got to get along with winter because your going to have it. Just stock up for road closures and cut plenty of firewood. Atleast we don't have mosquitoes, ticks or chiggers. DM

It was 27 this morning in West GA with cutting wind. I don’t mind the cold nearly as much as the wind. Today finds me toting a Camillus/Rem camp knife in support of another thread on BF, however since it is still hunting season you know this one is close at hand:
NftCOfr.jpg

It’s been around 45 here today and sunny , I’m in Georgia Whitfield county. but with the wind that never ever stops blowing it feels like 25 or it feels like it should be snowing , 112 auto is my everyday knife, it’s a good cold or warm weather multi seasonal knife, 9BEF3F26-FEAB-4267-BE5A-0AF97E2A4651.jpeg 14C25C7C-A91E-4594-A3DD-FE2A8866C28A.jpeg

It’s been around 45 here today and sunny , I’m in Georgia Whitfield county. but with the wind that never ever stops blowing it feels like 25 or it feels like it should be snowing , 112 auto is my everyday knife, it’s a good cold or warm weather multi seasonal knife, View attachment 1469970 View attachment 1469973
I'm only a few hours from your area due east in white county area. so yeah about same weather, but different Bucks least today.:)

be up in North Carolina end of this week. hope it aint snowing and less cold.

it was cold last night and this morning. afternoon was better mid 40s f/ 8 c range. still a cringing type cold to me, but sun helped a lot.

got 110 on me now..

1607468174263435594342234017677.jpg

Well JB, I'm sure you've seen but it's only 50 here now and it's supposed to get down to 33 in the morn.
This FL native is very happy with our mild winters, and I'll take the hurricanes over those hard icey winters, icey roads and gett'n snowed in, any day.
Always a 501 in the pocket and a 110 slim or 486 clipped outside the pocket.
Buck 501 29 anniv 20190822_165459.jpg Buck 110 slim pro brown Rgr (5).jpg

25 here in vt. we got about an inch+ of snow during the day so i played hooky for the last couple hours of work, see if i could cut some tracks.

i wear a base layer and a thin wool sweater. and i was sweating like a pig! :D

seems i may be in the minority, but i love the cold weather. there’s just something about those cold, thin days. ski season is right around the corner! i love where i live. :)

this one helps with the deer.

6i6qBLb.jpg

Back