for winter, what Buck ya carrying and how cold is it...

true there..

I dont mind the heat or wet, its the sun I dont care for. in the shade I can sit in high 90s wet heat and im comfortable.

carry it. knife unused is a sad knife.:)

saying that I got two. one to use one to keep perfect. so that says it all.......;)

usually a 110 or 110LT.
The temp are normally below frozen. :( although this week it has started to warm up to frozen ... maybe a little over. :)

-6 degrees here in eastern Nebraska this morning. My Buck 112 went with me to feed the birds and warm up my truck. It will feel warm when we hit our +6 degree high for the day. When my truck warms up I might grab my 8mm Mauser and drive around the section and see if I can find a coyote.

Seems like that Mauser might be a bit harsh for yotes.....
It was a nice balmy 4* when I went to work the dog this morning. 112 LT drop point every day other than the month of October

I’m already tired of winter, 16 degrees now, been at it since 1am and I still have frozen pipes to thaw. My large vantage pro had a workout today opening boxes and cutting hose along with various other materials.

Attachments

• 863DEF30-4B2D-47F6-A165-D7C2364F2491.jpeg
    863DEF30-4B2D-47F6-A165-D7C2364F2491.jpeg
    71.4 KB · Views: 10
Buck 486, Don't recall the temp but I was breaking a sweat by 8:30 simply riding the tractor grading the yard of the house I just finished.
around 85 f today mid-afternoon in the East side of our area. morning was around low 70s f. sure ya weren't much different.

Windchills have been in the -60°F range for days now but I finally live in a home with an attached garage. Thanks to the barn heater I installed the garage is always a comfy 48°.

Still carrying the Vantage that I purchased from Mike. It has become my favorite pocket knife thanks to the black and blue G10 scales that my hands prefer in the cold weather.

Windchills have been in the -60°F range for days now but I finally live in a home with an attached garage. Thanks to the barn heater I installed the garage is always a comfy 48°.

Still carrying the Vantage that I purchased from Mike. It has become my favorite pocket knife thanks to the black and blue G10 scales that my hands prefer in the cold weather.

Aint now way, -60 don't even register in my brain.
miserable, I think is an extreme understatement.

That black and blue Vantage from Mike was a nice one, had I seen it sooner I'da got it. ;-)

The coldest day I have ever been in was -23%...You could spit and it would freeze before it hit the ground..So cold it actually hurt when the wind was blowing. Down here in Florida a cold day is in the 50's and you see lots of folks with gloves and heavy coats that they brought with them from up north when they moved down here. I think they like a chance to wear them lol! I just call it free air conditioning. I understand why folks like to retire here..why go thru a brutal winter if you don't have to! It's funny how you get used to either heat or cold. One odd fact is a few people who have been hit by lightning never feel cold again. I have been using my 301 Club knife for the last few days.

We're up to double digits today. Scheißwetter, as my wife calls it. I'm indoors with a newly rebuilt foot, so I need something light for sweat pants pockets. This old workhorse will do fine. File photo.

oCpIzox.jpg

currently 6 Fahrenheit degrees below frozen with "light cloud dandruff". ("only" 3 inches since 05:50 :D).
Buck (on belt; no Buck in pocket this week ... maybe next week.) is a standard production 2015 110.

It took a while to get here, but we finally have a taste of winter. The current temperature is -6°F. The overnight low was -24°F. The high yesterday was -5°F and the high the day before was -4°F. I still have the same 303, complete with reground blade tip, that's been with me for about 45 years.

303 1 (2) copy.jpeg

Back