For you, what is THE best SAK

Hey guys, just wanted to know your opinion on what is the best SAK for you. For a long time I carried a SAK Cadet Alox, but I just bought the Huntsman with translucent scales...and i'm looooovin it!

If I could ever acquire one the Cadet II would be the most ideal SAK for me.

The Recruit was my first knife and I love it, but I want something slimmer for EDC. So for now I carry the Wenger Patriot, it's good but it's just not the same.

Alox Soldier model, followed very closely by the Climber. :thumbup:

On most days, a Bantam is just fine, though I think the Tinker has the best combination of features for its size. For the pack, I'm really liking my Huntsman. My opinion is obviously only based on my experiences, but I highly recommend any of those models.

For me its the one handed trekker for sure! Great blade, especially for camping and being out in the bush.

Always wanted one of those one handed trekkers, they look awesome. But would not use it for EDC as it is a bit to big for me.

The best one is the one you have with you... they are all quite useful in a pinch!

Myself? I carry a Victorinox SwissTool Spirit X on my belt, and I love it.

My first big favorite was the Victorinox Ranger. Specifically, I appreciated the scissors, file, and saw along with all the basic tools it had.

I like the OHT for walking through the local woods now. I put a Photon microlight on the lanyard ring -- along with a lanyard. Pops it right out of my back pocket.

I did get into carrying a red alox Farmer, sat under my wallet, left front pocket. Very convenient, and covered most ordinary tasks nicely. I carry a leatherman Skeletool CX instead now. I have carried a Victorinox Classic all along. Normark made me a sheath for it so it rides on my keychain but pulls out easily for use.

I carry a Classic SD regularly and my Fieldmaster whenever I'm at work. But for reasons I really don't understand I just love the Pocket Pal model.

My favorite is the Small Tinker. But that is probably because the first Victorinox I owned was a full size Tinker that I bought at a yard sale for a quarter. When I lost it, I replaced it with a small. But also have a full size in the drawer as back up. I like having a Phillips screwdriver.

Fieldmaster... the only SAK I've ever needed, for 20+ years...

Carry an Alox Cadet every day and never want for another tool... save maybe one of the little clamshell openers like on the Gerber Dime. Thought it was a bit silly. Figured my blade was plenty sharp enough to open a silly plastic package and it is, but the clamshell opener works much better.

I carry a Classic SD regularly and my Fieldmaster whenever I'm at work. But for reasons I really don't understand I just love the Pocket Pal model.
we are very similar! The Classic is on my keychain and I rarely need anything else. I had a pocket pal years ago, until I dropped it between two boards while fishing. Still miss that one! And... I bought my son a Fieldmaster as his first knife. I plan on getting my youngest son one as well when he is 10.

Back