For your consideration

that thing is all kinds of extreme :) a little too curvy for practical use perhaps, are you going to deferentially heat treat it so just the cutting edge is hard or do the total job?

im actually just waiting for it to get back from Mr.James Helm, i couldn't find anywhere i trusted to treat it so i contacted him.
He did me a huge favor and got done from what i understand the blade is all hard and the tang a little softer. i should have it back in a week or so. (im in the dark because the darn tracking number isnt workin... bloody usps)

ZZ yea ive been too lazy to upload the older pictures but they were just of the sword before the bevels were ground ill upload one James sent me in a few minutes.

here it is hanging in James shop
45Oyz1W.png

and hopefully hes ok with me plastering this all over the net because i giggle everytime i look at it.
xA3JvNX.png

Took a trip over the border yesterday and picked up my sword. I was too excited to take pictures before i went to work sanding it but heres where im at.
The sanding isnt perfect but this is a personal project that im keeping so im not too worried about it.
The next step is going to be sheathing and im debating doing it myself.
ill also either be remaking the handles or wrapping it in some Roo lace i have comming.
VfiIHQg.jpg

It balances about 2 inches infront of the guard it not bad but i may drill some pockets out under the scales (the tang was left soft) to push it forward a bit. I havent totaly made up my mind yet.

Took a trip over the border yesterday and picked up my sword. I was too excited to take pictures before i went to work sanding it but heres where im at.
The sanding isnt perfect but this is a personal project that im keeping so im not too worried about it.
The next step is going to be sheathing and im debating doing it myself.
ill also either be remaking the handles or wrapping it in some Roo lace i have comming.
VfiIHQg.jpg
Could you post a pic of the hangers you made , please ?

sure they arent anything special. just some hard wood scraps i had with some leather covered cork pads where the sword sits.
wk0bvzu.jpg

jVgZT2W.jpg

F8o6ezN.jpg

NP they are easy to make and im sure if you put a little more effort into them than I did youd have some nice hangers lol.

Back