Forge help

Hey guys. I just finished up a forge build and I'm having trouble with my burners. When I tested my burners outside of the forge, they worked well. Blue flame and all. When I mounted them in the collars on my forge, they have a yellow flame.

I put ceramic wool in the gaps between the collar and the gas pipe to seal off the gap and that didn't help either.

What can I do to get my blue flame back???

I'm stuck and would appreciate any advice you can give me.

Thanks.

What part of the world are you in? Your profile isn't filled out - knowing your location sometimes helps with advice by knowing what supplies might be available in your part of the world.

What type of burner do you have? Blown or venturi type? What size? What pressure are you running? Size of jet (if any)? Yellow flame would tend to suggest they're running rich. Perhaps post a photo of your setup might help.

You bet. I'm in Arkansas. It's a venturi burner. I will take a video of the burner running and post it here.

Thank you!

Might need a smaller jet, or faster air flow to get a better air/gas mix.
Could try higher pressure too.

We need more info:
Jet size?
Burner pipe size?
Forge size and type?
Propane source and pressure?
PHOTOS of the above.

Suggestions:
Open the choke more = more air
Change to a smaller orifice/jet and raise the pressure = more venturi to draw more air
Make sure the jet is aimed directly down the center of the burner tube = less turbulence and better venturi

Last edited:
I you can have more back pressure mounted in the forge than running the burner out of the forge. You probably need more air flow.

Back