1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them.

3. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer Sheepdog & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday August 10!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, July 28 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Forge Welded Slicer SOLD

Discussion in 'For Sale: Kitchen Knives' started by G L Drew, Mar 25, 2019.

1. G L Drew

G L Drew KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Feb 3, 2005
    A thin slicer that I forged from 1084 and 15N20 high carbon steels. I don't know what to call this pattern because I was doing some experimenting with the billet and will probable never be able to make another one like it again. It's kind of a cross between ladder and raindrop patterns.
    Flat grind about 1/8 inch thick at the choil and tapering to the point and the edge
    Stabilized figured maple handle with brass and carbon fiber spacers
    The handle is tilted up slightly to help keep knuckles off the cutting board
    Overall length: 11 inches
    Blade: 6 1/4 inches and about 1 1/8 inch deep

SOLD delivered within the US. My PayPal and email address is [email protected]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 26, 2019
    milkbaby, VCM3, McFeeli and 5 others like this.
  2. Gastonknife

Gastonknife

Dec 15, 2008
    Very well done .

3. mikey488

mikey488 Gold Member Basic Member Gold Member

Jun 10, 2006
    Awesome knife! Stunning design and workmanship.

Sadly I see quote: "probable never be able to make another one like it again." :(

Last edited: Mar 29, 2019
  4. John A. Larsen

John A. Larsen

Jan 15, 2001
    I keep seeing patterns in the blade that remind me of the art of the Native Americans in the Pacific Northwest. John