Forged in Fire knives

Made in China says it all. The fact that they will not say exactly what steel they used means it is probably junk. If I had to guess, probably 420 or 440A. Then again it could be alphabet Chinese steel, like 3Cr, 4Cr, 5Cr, etc etc. Forged in Fire could have put their name on something much better than this, even if it was more expensive. At least it would be something worthy of the show!

So a knife that was inspired by a knife show :confused:? This brings new meaning to the words LAME, and sellout. If the Blade smiths of the show were dead they would be rolling in their graves. I like how they had to glue the tomato to the cutting board LOL. They would make a thousand times the money if they sold the actual knives that the contestants made and I would buy one that Doug gave his stamp of approval on, It Willl Cut:thumbsup:. Bet they show up at Wally Mart next week.
As Seen on TV, yes they are in Walmart! The packaging probably costs more than the knife itself!

I wont buy a mystery "surgical stainless" knife.

If you can't and won't tell me what steel you used, I don't really want it.

And I'm not even a steel snob. I still buy "low end streel" but I have to know what it is.
If they can't even say what steel it is, then you know it's probably junk. 400 series most likely. Made in China? One should know what they are getting exactly! LOL!

Anyone see the Forged in Fire knife offered on TV commercials lately? Looks like the producers of the show have sold the rights to the "Forged in Fire" name. The commercial shows the knife cutting thru all kinds of stuff, including a block of ice.
This has got to be some Chinese stainless junk.
https://www.buyforgedinfire.com
You know it! They won't even say what manner of Chinese junk! Surgical steel? LOL! :D

Wow. Eleven years on the forum and you come out of hibernation to make at least six of your ten posts on this subject.

Obviously you feel strongly about it. :p

I agree that Reality shows ruin everything and that's why I gave up Gold mining, King crab fishing and living off the grid with my home schooled family in Alaska and Oh I almost forgot about Tuna fishing in New England. :D
Every one knows the money is in Ice Road Trucking.

:rolleyes::rolleyes:o_O:rolleyes::rolleyes:
I wont buy a mystery "surgical stainless" knife.

If you can't and won't tell me what steel you used, I don't really want it.

And I'm not even a steel snob. I still buy "low end streel" but I have to know what it is.

It’s like on the show. The guys at the factory have no idea of the steel they are using until a junk truck backs up loading dock with whatever they savaged that day. It could be a load of old toasters, a few washing machines, empty beer cans, or even full beer cans that the crew has to consume before they can get to work. Give them points for keeping. it real.:rolleyes:

n2s

:rolleyes::rolleyes:o_O:rolleyes::rolleyes:

It’s like on the show. The guys at the factory have no idea of the steel they are using until a junk truck backs up loading dock with whatever they savaged that day. It could be a load of old toasters, a few washing machines, empty beer cans, or even full beer cans that the crew has to consume before they can get to work. Give them points for keeping. it real.:rolleyes:

n2s
^ LMAO :):thumbsup:

Maybe not by BF member standards but this is a great idea. And tbh even cheapie knives these days are pretty good whether you think so or not by your higher standards.

Ppl knock 440a for example but it's a steel that takes am easy to pull off HT and is easy to sharpen and super rust proof so why not?

All of my Rough Rider slippies have been excellent for example!

I bought one (paring knife chef knife set) from walmart because i didn't have time or money to get a better kitchen knife(i was told kitchen knives would be proveded in the apartment i am currently staying at but they were the lowest quality serrated junk i have ever seen and it was too late to go back to my parents place and barrow a useable knife) the steel is a bit soft the grind is a bit too thick and the balance is a bit blade heavy and the handle is a nice neutral albeit extra large size definitely not a fan of these knives but they are still probably the best knives I could find at walmart and they could probably be modified to be decent albeit overly soft knives if i had a grinder where i am right now.

I bought one (paring knife chef knife set) from walmart because i didn't have time or money to get a better kitchen knife(i was told kitchen knives would be proveded in the apartment i am currently staying at but they were the lowest quality serrated junk i have ever seen and it was too late to go back to my parents place and barrow a useable knife) the steel is a bit soft the grind is a bit too thick and the balance is a bit blade heavy and the handle is a nice neutral albeit extra large size definitely not a fan of these knives but they are still probably the best knives I could find at walmart and they could probably be modified to be decent albeit overly soft knives if i had a grinder where i am right now.
How is the parer?:)

Back