Forged in Fire

For me and my wife it's J. Neilson consistently hurting the feelings of contestants with his raw critiques :D he don't hold back!

It’s just not the same without Will Willis.

Aren’t we supposed to say the best part of forged in fire is “ it will keeel “?

I'm a fan of the show. Enjoy it a lot. I like Doug Marcaida, I really do. He is nice, humble, and an all arround pleasant guy.....but his cutting technique with swords is not great. I can't count the number of times in slow motion you watch him hit the side of a target absolutely flat with a sword blade and then declare it won't cut. When David Baker cuts with the same sword it cuts well.

David Baker is a treasure. I love him on the show.

Im a big Jason Kight fan outside the show, so of course I liked him on it. He does not seem to take him self too seriously.

Ben Abbot is a great addition to the show as well. Knowledgeable, and a great competitor and knife maker.

J. Nielson is going to end his career if he keeps destructive testing the knives and swords. Truly, He has skirted deadly serious injuries too many times to count. He is doing the most dangerous testing. Stabbing metal, chopping iron, logs, bone, and ice ect.
He has had quite a few close calls.

Last edited:
My time on the show was alot of fun. Ben, Dave and Doug came out and talked to me for about 15 minutes. I got some pointers from Dave about my big ass hammer I was using. Ben gave me some left over steel from my build and I had the other 3 contestants sign it.

I'm a fan of the show. Enjoy it a lot. I like Doug Marcaida, I really do. He is nice, humble, and an all arround pleasant guy.....but his cutting technique with swords is not great. I can't count the number of times in slow motion you watch him hit the side of a target absolutely flat with a sword blade and then declare it won't cut. When David Baker cuts with the same sword it cuts well.

David Baker is a treasure. I love him on the show.

Im a big Jason Kight fan outside the show, so of course I liked him on it. He does not seem to take him self too seriously.

Ben Abbot is a great addition to the show as well. Knowledgeable, and a great competitor and knife maker.

J. Nielson is going to end his career if he keeps destructive testing the knives and swords. Truly, He has skirted deadly serious injuries too many times to count. He is doing the most dangerous testing. Stabbing metal, chopping iron, logs, bone, and ice ect.
He has had quite a few close calls.

I have noticed that each time he was injured or nearly injured, they made him wear more protection. In at least a few shows, both J. and Ben wear something under their shirts which covers up their chest and necks. Some type of body armor.

Back