Forsaken Bacon!!! . . . Here's Our Newest Model. . . The "Whiskey Warden" . . .Coming Wed. 12-6-17

Jerry Busse

So, the question is, why is this new line-up called the "Forsaken Series"?

This name is derived from the many different variations there are of each new knife model before we narrow it down to the final rendition.

It's a long story. . . . but I'll condense it for you. . . Kinda like a Reader's Digest version of an epic tale!

Here we go. . .

Usually, picking the final rendition of a new model is quite simple. We vote on it. Typically there is a pretty good majority for one design over the others. However, there have been a number of ties over the past 35 years.

When we are faced with a tie between two or three knife designs for a particular model, we leave it to the flip of a coin or the roll of the dice! These "Forsaken" designs are usually filed away with little intention of ever being revisited. Recently, while cleaning out my old design room, I came across several boxes of knife patterns that span more than 35 years of knifemaking and design. There are literally thousands of sheets of paper covered in #2 pencil drawings and notes!

Recently, I filed through a boat load of them and thought, "Wow! Some of these are wicked cool!. . . Why have we never made these?" It was then, at that very moment, that I realized I was face to face with the "Forsaken".

So, now what? Well, I did what I do best, and started drinking! A half bottle later, I reached the plain of total clarity and realized that the time has come for these Forsaken designs to be made!

So it is with great pride that we introduce the Forsaken Series!

The first one out of the gate was a fraternal twin to one of our most popular EDCs who unfortunately lost the toss! Many of you know the winner of that coin toss, The Game Warden. What you didn't know was that there was another contender for the crown that we affectionately called the Whiskey Warden. It is the first of many from the "Forsaken Series" that you will have a shot at. . .. Get it?. . . "Shot at?"

Why "Whiskey Warden"? Well this is, once again, a long story. So, here we go . . .

Since much of my inspiration has been drawn from multiple kegs of whiskey, it seemed like the right thing to do was to pay homage to the oak stave kegs that give the whiskey their ultimate flavor. . . So, I took the dimensions of a whiskey barrel and reduced them until they were just the right size for the core of the Whiskey Warden handle!!! Here are some rough drawings as to how this came together. Now, when you handle one of these great little EDCs you will know why it feels so smooth! :thumbsup::cool:

Let's Drink!:cool:

Jerry:D

Whiskey Warden Specs and Pricing:
Blade Length: Approx. 2 7/8"
Over All Length: Approx. 6 7/8"
Thickness: Approx. .155"
Steel: INFI
Hardness: 58-60 Rc
Bevel: Full Height Flat Grind
Handle Material: Optional
Finish: Optional

Base Price For Whiskey Warden:
Hand Applied Satin Finish = Reg. Price $267.00 Christmas Special: $247.00
BIG DC Finish = Reg. Price $237.00 Christmas Special: $217.00

Blade Finish Options:
Hand Applied Satin Finish
BIG DC Finish

Handle Options:
Canvas Micarta:
Included in base price:
Black Canvas
Tan Canvas
Green Canvas
Maroon Canvas

Black G10 + $20.00

Multi-Colored G10
Tan and Black + $30.00
Green and Black + $30.00
Red and Black + $30.00
Blue and Black + $30.00
Orange and Black + $30.00

Busse Combat Whiskey Keg
Busse%20Whiskey%20Barrel-XL.jpg

Knife design built around that whiskey keg!!!!
Whiskey%20Warden%20Drawing-L.jpg

Whiskey Warden with hand applied satin finish featuring Tan and Black G-10 handles.
Forsaken%20Whiskey%20Warden%20Busse%20%20logo%202-X3.jpg

Whiskey Warden with hand applied satin finish featuring Orange and Black G-10 handles.
Forsaken%20Whiskey%20Warden%20busse%20logo%20orange%20handle%203-X3.jpg

Whiskey Warden with BIG DC finish featuring Blue and Black (Bruiser) G-10 handles.
Whiskey%20BIG%20DC%204-L.jpg

The forsaken series is even cooler than I could have imagined, cant wait to see some other also-rans to now legendary knives, looks like a winner all around, Im in Jerry! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Last edited:
Sweet , Missed this since you started flashing it yesterday, it was worth the wait.
Im going out to buy some whiskey after dinner to celebrate

Love it.. a Lot lol
The only question i got is if theres a chance we can get a pic of it next to any other popular model.
Also, please show us the knife (runner up) that didnt win the coin toss when ASH-1 Was released lol i bet it still was a pretty bada$$ blade.

Love the story that’s pretty cool !
Knife looks sweet too

What lost to the SFNO ?????? Would really like to see that one

I may need one or two of these
:)

Looks like maybe the knife what was hinted about a few weeks ago in the kids thread. I think I will forgo G10 and get DC with black canvas,wish black paper was an option. Sweet.

Missing the paper myself. Would definitely order one then.

Still a cool design. I like it better than the game warden.

In for 3. Perfect knife to pass on to my daughters. The eldest is always wanting to fondle my knives. Might as well get her one of these "Forever/Forsaken" knives. The wife even approves so it can possibly become 4 :D. Looks a lil sleeker than my Sar 3's

In for 3. Perfect knife to pass on to my daughters. The eldest is always wanting to fondle my knives. Might as well get her one of these "Forever/Forsaken" knives. The wife even approves so it can possibly become 4 :D. Looks a lil sleeker than my Sar 3's

Agreed, great first knife. Would be great if there was another MMS type sheath offer, Ive found that when giving someone a knife you really want to include a sheath.

Hope my tga2 and fbm with orange handles come out firey as that damn, beats old school pumpkin. The blue looks more vibrant aswell :thumbsup:

Agreed, great first knife. Would be great if there was another MMS type sheath offer, Ive found that when giving someone a knife you really want to include a sheath.

You absolutely correct my good sir. I wouldn't want my daughter getting hurt. What would be nice is to possibly make a sheath with her. I remember crafting and making leather wallets and such in the scouts. But It would be great if Mr. Brown would offer a nice CHRISTMAS sheath offering to go along with this blade ;);).

Back