Forum Knife Updates and comments

I'm guessing you'd have to know the 2 dots means 2018.

The 10 dot thing was done just for dating reasons. When we decided to use our own tang stamp the 10 dot system was a natural addition.

I’d hate to think that all that arguing and multiple poll threads went to waste and no one pays attention to the dots.

There’s 3 or 4 versions of the blade forum tang stamps made to accommodate the different size tangs and different companies.

Does Stephen know if they were able to use one of the previous stamps and which one they used.

The 10 dot thing was done just for dating reasons. When we decided to use our own tang stamp the 10 dot system was a natural addition.

I’d hate to think that all that arguing and multiple poll threads went to waste and no one pays attention to the dots.

There’s 3 or 4 versions of the blade forum tang stamps made to accommodate the different size tangs and different companies.

Does Stephen know if they were able to use one of the previous stamps and which one they used.
H hengem ?

SK posted a pic of the stamp on the previous page. I'm not familiar enough with the previous stamps to know if it matches anything before. But it looked similar to me to some pics I think I've seen in the past.

The blade stamp was modeled up after one of the previously done GEC models. The stamp does have two dots for the 2018 knife.

SK posted a pic of the stamp on the previous page. I'm not familiar enough with the previous stamps to know if it matches anything before. But it looked similar to me to some pics I think I've seen in the past.

There is a photo of the blade stamp floating around. I will have pictures of the stamp as soon as they start that process :)

Here’s the four current stamps used and a link to the post I made about them.

181YpZw.jpg
Id4fbRq.jpg

I'm not sure if the frequent updates with pics is awesome of just a constant tease. Bit of both maybe. Good stuff nonetheless! :)

Quite the variety with the handles. We're all going to have a pretty unique knife despite them being practically the same. I'm loving that choice of elk more and more!

Thanks for the update, Caleb. And thanks Skblades for the pics. If you'd asked me a couple days ago, I would have said I couldn't get anymore excited for this knife. Way to prove me wrong!

After 12 of these so far you learn to pace your anticipation. I went knutz the first few years, the waiting killed me. Then I learned to just forget about it once it was paid for and be surprised when it comes.

It’s hard not to get anxious when you check this thread 20 times a day. :D. Relax folks, it’ll get here, the previous 12 did.

gG2aXGG.jpg

Now, where to put lucky #13? :)

(~);-}

After 12 of these so far you learn to pace your anticipation. I went knutz the first few years, the waiting killed me. Then I learned to just forget about it once it was paid for and be surprised when it comes.

It’s hard not to get anxious when you check this thread 20 times a day. :D. Relax folks, it’ll get here, the previous 12 did.

gG2aXGG.jpg

Now, where to put lucky #13? :)

(~);-}
I am just the opposite... keep forgetting then get pleasantly surprised/excited when I get a notification. So, every update is like Christmas Eve (errr, Knifesmas Eve?) :D

Back