Forum Knife Updates and comments

I got my shipping notice today! Since it is coming via USPS I should get them in two weeks:)
Looking forward to posting my pictures!
skyhorse skyhorse what is the snap like on yours??
The snap is rather subtle on opening with a decent amount of snap on the close.Slightly better than my production 301s.
I'd rate the pull on clip blade about a 5 with the sheepsfoot a 6.No blade play on either side.

Actually we did do a huge first order of 1 Knife boxes, and then went to 2 knife boxes. I didn't realize, but yes...next will be the 1 Knife 1 Slip orders, and then 2 Knife 1 Slip orders. So we do have some sort of an order. Everyone should be getting their shipping notifications soon.
I guess this means I won’t win the last notice competition. :(

I got mine in today. It looks great. The handles are beautifully matched, and they are lined up neatly with the bolsters. The blades seem perfect.

**WARNING: Objective facts below! Not complaints or criticisms.**
The clip blade snaps open perfectly. However, at first I had to push the blade closed all the way, because it would only snap closed until the tip was still a half inch or so from being completely closed, at which point I'd have to push it down. After a shot of Kroil at the joint and working it back and forth a bit, now it snaps closed almost all the way. I just have to push it closed the final sixteenth inch or so. The blade is sharp like I like it.

The sheepsfoot blade is just the opposite. It needs to be pulled open all the way, but it snaps shut with authority. The blade is not quite as sharp as the other, but no matter. I'll touch up both blades anyway.

The clip blade end of the knife has a gap between the springs large enough to see through--maybe 1/32" wide--but it has no impediment on functionality. The average person, unlike most of us folks here, would never notice it.

All in all, I'm pleased as punch. This is my first knife with a modern steel. All the others are some 1095 variant, 420, or 440. I'm looking forward to the longer edge retention I should get with this steel.

Many thanks to skblades and the others for all your work on this!!!

This is a jaw-droppingly nice knife, and beautifully executed. My hat's off to SK and Buck -- thank you for making this year's knife a real beauty! :D:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

USNHKs7.jpg

Fit and finish is excellent, and the elk is marvelous: knobbly, superbly matched, not too thick or thin. I'm digging it.

This is a jaw-droppingly nice knife, and beautifully executed. My hat's off to SK and Buck -- thank you for making this year's knife a real beauty! :D:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

USNHKs7.jpg

Fit and finish is excellent, and the elk is marvelous: knobbly, superbly matched, not too thick or thin. I'm digging it.

Gorgeous!

My tracking says Monday, but I wouldn't be surprised if I get "them" (two knives and a slip) Saturday. After all of the posts of received knives, I have to say that I am very glad that I ordered two....

I'm still waiting so I informed my wife that she is giving it to me for Christmas. As long as it arrives by the 24th, I'm happy.

Actually we did do a huge first order of 1 Knife boxes, and then went to 2 knife boxes. I didn't realize, but yes...next will be the 1 Knife 1 Slip orders, and then 2 Knife 1 Slip orders. So we do have some sort of an order. Everyone should be getting their shipping notifications soon.

Ah, good to know. Sadly that puts me at the end of the line, but at least I now know why. I will just continue chanting my mantra...
ooooohhhhhmmmgonnagettaniceknife... ooooohhhhhmmmgonnagettaniceknife...

But you are doing more “1 knife, no slip” boxes too right?

I certainly hope so, in the same boat over here.

Don't even try. I'm going to win the LAST KNIFE GRAND PRIZE.
All of the seconds, and defects are shipping first. By the time they make mine, they'll have it all figured out. :D

Hey did Y'all notice Buck's been forgetting the spey blade on all these early knives? :oops: Another good reason to be last.

Back