Forum Knife Updates and comments

Got my e-mail and tracking thanks :cool:

Another nice touch, or irony/co-incidence was that it went out from the US on 6th Dec which is Independence Day here in Finland and thus a holiday :D:thumbsup:

Will it arrive before 19??:eek::D Let's see and I really like the look of them so far. I think @Jolipapa is bound to beat me for the first one to Europe, or maybe those going to Britain first? But I think I MAY have the most Northerly 62° N one in Europe, if not Canada ;)

Mine should be delivered Monday. Where they will sit a week waiting for me to get back from vacation that I leave for on Sunday.
So something other than the daily grind to greet me on my return :D

Mine was shipped 12/3 and........
"Your package is moving within the USPS network and is on track to be delivered by the expected delivery date. It is currently in transit to the next facility."

Actually we did do a huge first order of 1 Knife boxes, and then went to 2 knife boxes. I didn't realize, but yes...next will be the 1 Knife 1 Slip orders, and then 2 Knife 1 Slip orders. So we do have some sort of an order. Everyone should be getting their shipping notifications soon.
Stephen, thanks for the reply and information. Two knives, one slip here. Preston

Still no email for my one knife and slip. I've become addicted to looking at my email, lol. I'm sure it will come soon.

Mine showed up yesterday. Here's a few thoughts and pics.
*Nice Elk covers! Thin, well matched and well hafted.
*W&T very nice, no blade wobble
*Pull on both blades approx 5
*Decent fit and finish
*The tang mark and Bos CPM-154 etch set this off nicely. Did I mention I love CPM-154?

Overall a great looking, well made pocket knife! I could pick a few nits but they're inconsequential on a manufactured pocket knife.
All in all a great specimen and a knife worthy of being the 2018 Traditional Forum Knife, in my opinion! Thanks Stephen skblades skblades ! Thanks Buck! Well done!
BTW, I love the included description! Nice touch!
C63EkRE.jpg

2fqIy52.jpg

Got mine! Best example of a Buck slippie I've had the pleasure to hold! Really knocked it out of the park!
Darn sharp! Hair shaving...nearly drew blood touchin the blade just feelin the edge! Really impessive grinds and sharpening...must be close to 15 degree bevel as noted previously..these blades are thick behind the edge. Not a problem with cpm 154 with a toothy cut like this though! Darn hardy cutting implement.
Gaps in liners put Case to shame though my example does have sunken springs a bit...only fault to be found!
Thank you Buck..skblades and the porch.

Mine showed up yesterday. Here's a few thoughts and pics.
*Nice Elk covers! Thin, well matched and well hafted.
*W&T very nice, no blade wobble
*Pull on both blades approx 5
*Decent fit and finish
*The tang mark and Bos CPM-154 etch set this off nicely. Did I mention I love CPM-154?

Overall a great looking, well made pocket knife! I could pick a few nits but they're inconsequential on a manufactured pocket knife.
All in all a great specimen and a knife worthy of being the 2018 Traditional Forum Knife, in my opinion! Thanks Stephen skblades skblades ! Thanks Buck! Well done!
BTW, I love the included description! Nice touch!
C63EkRE.jpg

2fqIy52.jpg
For the record, the included information insert was made by one of your own and shipped to me. This member asked to remain anonymous, so though you may not be able to thank this person by name, please do send thanks anyway. I believe we are in need of some huzzahs eh @meako ? (and no it wasn't Meako that made them. :) )

Last edited:
I got mine yesterday and waited until today to take photos. But first, thanks to all involved in this year's Forum Knife! :thumbsup::thumbsup: Great job on getting the knife produced, the insert and the whole voting and decision process.

For the record, the included information insert was made by one of your own and shipped to me. This member asked to remain anonymous, so though you may not be able to thank this person by name, please do send thanks anyway. I believe we are in need of some huzzahs eh @meako !

A big thanks to the anonymous member :thumbsup::thumbsup:. The insert is just great!
Huge huzzahs to @meako !:D

Back