Forum Knife Updates and comments

I am enjoying seeing everyone's photos. Gives me something to look at while I wait for expected delivery on Monday. Not sure about the progress but I know it is no longer in the Spokane, WA Distribution Center.

This is a jaw-droppingly nice knife, and beautifully executed. My hat's off to SK and Buck -- thank you for making this year's knife a real beauty! :D:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

USNHKs7.jpg

Fit and finish is excellent, and the elk is marvelous: knobbly, superbly matched, not too thick or thin. I'm digging it.

Wow, I think that's the best scale yet. Great example of "Dark and Knobby". Love it. All these pics showing up are making it very difficult to be patient until next week.

Here's one of mine:
jn5k8t8.jpg

sUPJ8U4.jpg

9npLAbS.jpg

fOhvusG.jpg

Some comments:
Minor gaps where light shines through between the springs. No gaps between scales and liners. I lightly oiled the pivots with a drop of USP mineral oil to smooth out the action and that improved the walk & talk. Overall sharpness was pretty decent, but a touch up helped. Sheepsfoot has a stronger pull than the clip. I'd say 3-4 for clip, 5 for sheepsfoot. Blades are not centered but they don't rub the liners. The long pulls are nicely done and allow for easy opening. I like the rounded corners. The pins are not sunk, which makes me happy. I'm not a fan of sunk pins. The inside liners were dirty! I ran a q tip in there and picked up a bunch of dust/polishing compound/etc. Probably could stand a bit more cleaning. There wasn't a lot of gunk in the pivots/back spring area, however.

I think the elk is a nice thickness and is pretty well matched. Overall this knife is very well done and it's already getting pocket time.

Here's my second one:
pKF9qil.jpg

DRASFZT.jpg

mfNQ6y5.jpg

I like the elk better on this one. It's nicely matched in my opinion. The pivots need a drop of mineral oil and I think that'll improve the walk & talk. This one also needs a touch up on the edge. The dark area between bolster and scales is not a gap. Looks like polishing compound or something.

For those of you that like stats, here are some interesting ones!

International Orders: 25
Austria - 1
Australia - 3
Canada - 11
Finland - 1
France - 1
Iceland - 1
Mexico - 1
Netherlands - 4
New Zealand - 1
Sweden - 1

USA Orders: 308
Most Popular States

CA: 43
TX: 22
NY: 22
PA: 16

Fun stuff! Thanks everyone! Just a few labels left to make and we are going to be wrapping this up, provided Buck gets us the rest of the knives today!

Last edited:
For those of you that like stats, here are some interesting ones!

International Orders: 25
Austria - 1
Australia - 3
Canada - 11
Finland - 1
France - 1
Iceland - 1
Mexico - 1
Netherlands - 4
New Zealand - 1
Sweden - 1

USA Orders: 306
Most Popular States

CA: 43
TX: 22
NY: 22
PA: 16

Fun stuff! Thanks everyone! Just a few labels left to make and we are going to be wrapping this up, provided Buck gets us the rest of the knives today!
This info is awesome! i would love to learn the rest of the States.

ALL THE ORDERS FROM THE USA, BROKEN DOWN BY STATE:

AK - 3
AL - 4
AR - 5
AZ - 5
CA - 43
CO - 8
CT - 3
DE - 2
FL - 9
GA - 6
HI - 2