Forum Knife Updates and comments

Hello
I received my two knives last night. They are more than I expected and different enough in the scales. One is thinner on scale thickness the other has one side thicker both look very good and no issues. A few things for character which is good. The thinner scaled one is going in the pocket, the other will be a special gift for someone. The blades are sharp and are good slicers. Many thanks to Stephan , SKBlades and Buck for the effort and dealing with all of us. A Buck 110 is what started this knife thing for me many years ago. So for me extremely glad to have a Buck traditional and being a bladeforum knife is icing on the cake.

Seems like these later box openings are leaning more toward a positive review of this 2018 folder, even in one or two may have some QC issues, the percentages of good is climbing with a bullet ;)

My tracking says by Tuesday, I think I'll take a 3 day nap until then !

G2

Mine 2 with a slip are on the way, destined to be delivered on Tuesday. Now I'm glad I stayed in California for a couple extra days instead of heading back to Idaho, where I'd much rather be. Hope mine are as nice as the 4 folding hunters (2 Smoke Jumpers and 2 of the newer Blue/Drop Points) I received from @skblades a couple weeks ago.

I feel like I hit the Elk jackpot! Full disclosure- I did do some work to it.
Even without the beautiful Elk scales, my 2018 forum knife is a great knife. No gaps to speak of, blades are centered, after a little oil and working the sheepfoot a few dozen times, both blades have a pleasing walk and talk and good snap. I'd call it a 5. Stronger pull than my other Buck knives, which is fantastic!! The flat grinds are very even and mine come in around .025 BTE on both. Long pulls are crisp and even and give good purchase. Mine is not the sharpest... but I can fix that.:D
All in all, I think @skblades did a fantastic job of sorting out our wants and desires and conveying them to Buck. Buck did a stellar job of nailing almost all of them.
A sincere thank you to @skblades, @hengem and Buck knives, as well as the anonymous donor of the 'porch' insert.:thumbsup::thumbsup:
Homerun!

YLcWMjl.jpg

E2EHec9.jpg

c14WKqB.jpg

yn3roOT.jpg

I noticed that the pivot pins show different colour than the bolsters, are the pins made of steel? if so, that's most excellent as many traditional makers use nickel silver for the pins so it blends in with the bolsters better.
G2

Mark, you hit the jackpot with that one, alright! I hope mine are as good, or at least close. From photos, the only thing I don't like about the knife is what I voted against in the original polls: the long pull on the sheepfoot just doesn't look right, it is waaaay too long. But the majority ruled and I have to get used to it, since I'm gonna carry one for sure.

Even without the beautiful Elk scales, my 2018 forum knife is a great knife. No gaps to speak of, blades are centered, after a little oil and working the sheepfoot a few dozen times, both blades have a pleasing walk and talk and good snap. I'd call it a 5. Stronger pull than my other Buck knives, which is fantastic!! The flat grinds are very even and mine come in around .025 BTE on both. Long pulls are crisp and even and give good purchase. Mine is not the sharpest... but I can fix that.:D
All in all, I think @skblades did a fantastic job of sorting out our wants and desires and conveying them to Buck. Buck did a stellar job of nailing almost all of them.
A sincere thank you to @skblades, @hengem and Buck knives, as well as the anonymous donor of the 'porch' insert.:thumbsup::thumbsup:
Homerun!

YLcWMjl.jpg

E2EHec9.jpg

c14WKqB.jpg

yn3roOT.jpg

I’m not complaining about mine but Dang!!! Of all the photos I’ve seen yours is what I had hoped for. Excellent:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Good to see so many people already received their knives!

One question though @skblades, any chance the international orders are being shipped last? Because I didn’t get a shipping notice yet and I know someone else from the Netherlands also didn’t get his shipping notice yet.

Last edited:
Homerun!

YLcWMjl.jpg

E2EHec9.jpg

c14WKqB.jpg

yn3roOT.jpg

Did you do something to the Elk to change or darken the color?? Thanks

I got so busy with work this spring and summer and missed a lot around here including the ordering of this year's knife. I love how the elk turned out! Great looking knives everyone!

Back