Forum rules and philosophy revisited.

Nasty said:
Hey Bill...you're rich? It doesn't matter...I like you through your posts, so sit down and visit more often.

FWIW, I've made serious plans for my headstone. It won't say "Here lies Nasty, got an education and did pretty well". It'll say, "Here lies Nasty...children and small animals loved him."

Here lies Philthygeezer. He loved small animals.

:eek:

I don't think I should have a headstone.

In fact, I don't want to be buried. If I have a funeral service, I want someone to say, "Love people. Love your families. Be kind to those you encounter, and be good to yourself."

And may that be true of me, for as long as I have.

John

John, there's room in the desert for your ashes around mine somewhere's....

ps- i completed a little circle began some time ago when you got your Kagihara tool: I have the brother to yours. He built both for himself and if mine is anywhere near as accurate as yours...
only trouble is paying for it past Christmas....

munk

Sorry, munk, I need trees. And a mountain, I reckon.

I must go to the mountains
I must die on the mountains
If I cannot go to the mountains
I'll live forever on the plain

---
Oh, yeah. Accurate, indeed. Might use it in competition (IDPA), when I get a couple more mags. Congratulations.

John

No sweat, Spectre; ghost munk will fly from the plains and visit you on the peaks.

munk

I don't know why, but somebody sent me a link to this thread today. Still makes for interesting reading.

It is something all of us that come to HI need to read now and again to understand and remember the motivation that got Uncle Bill and Yangdu on this path. Duty, NOT PROFIT, was the driving force.
Caring for the needs of others by helping them make a place for themselves in the world, and finding your place in the grand plan of the world at the same time.
Seems as important for people to understand today as back then.:thumbup:

I'am sorry I have not found this place sooner. I absolutely love what Bill wrote. Peace Jeff.

Glad to see your post, Josh.

Yes, this reminder from Bill is much appreciated today.
Sort of softens one up.

munk

I arrived here after Uncle Bill's passing, but I sense his presence here, through his words and deeds, and the words and deeds of those whose lives he touched.

Eric

Ub...u are sorely missed...i wish we couldve shared that pot of gumbo together...i love you uncle...mark

Back