Found A Treasure

JK Knives

As some of you may know, I’m an avid book collector. Anything from early outdoor books, knife books, firearms books, fishing books, and old series books for boys like The Rover Boys, The Motor Boys, and the original Tom Swift books, from the 1920’s and 1930’s. I’ve been collecting for over 50 years.
One I came across yesterday in one of my bookshelves is The Swiss Army Knife Handbook, by Kathryn Kane. It’s become pretty rare, I saw only one for sale on Amazon for $70, might be time to move this one along to a new home!

Congrats John! I still get that funny feeling in my gut when I think about the boxes of books I lost when our basement flooded. I have enough of a library to fill my book shelves and I pick up the occasional old book from time to time. Unlike many people I still prefer reading "paper" over digital.

I have my grandfather's original Edgar Rice Burroughs books of Tarzan 1-6 from the early 1900s. my brother has the Mars series. I think that is why I like Tarzan so much and my start of liking knives. A friend had the whole series from the 80s, with cover art by Neil Adams and Boris Vallejo, and I loved the covers of Tarzan with his knife. That and the Tarzan Films and TV series.

Last edited:
Like going to the library just to look around, reminds me of growing up in the 70s when I was a lad. Or when they had book sales in our school library. Still like to go when the library has a book sale to clear some of their inventory, or head to a local book store to check out the dusty shelves. A friend of mine likes to find older rare out of print books.

As some of you may know, I’m an avid book collector. Anything from early outdoor books, knife books, firearms books, fishing books, and old series books for boys like The Rover Boys, The Motor Boys, and the original Tom Swift books, from the 1920’s and 1930’s. I’ve been collecting for over 50 years.
One I came across yesterday in one of my bookshelves is The Swiss Army Knife Handbook, by Kathryn Kane. It’s become pretty rare, I saw only one for sale on Amazon for $70, might be time to move this one along to a new home!
Ka-ching!

I’m glad to see a few others like books.
I like books and always have one handy for reading on the throne or when the wifi is acting up.;)
I don't collect em though, just re-donate em.:thumbsup:

My book shelf is full of books, mostly sci-fi and fantasies with a few others with substance thrown in... I'm not a heavy reader.

John, were you saying that you are going to sell this Swiss Army Knife book? If you are, I'd be interested at the right price! Let me know!

Back