Found KA BAR

Hi, Found a KA BAR, looked up some history then found this website.
Can anyone date it? Can it be restored?
How do upload pics? Pic icon promps "insert url" only?

You can only post pictures if you are a paying member. Or use a photo hosting site.

It can be fixed I’m sure. It probably won’t look new again but serviceable.

Hello and welcome to BladeForums.

This link may help:

https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/how-do-i-post-pictures-from-a.1394713/

You may also be interested in purchasing a membership, then you can upload pics directly from your phone or computer. This site has a lot to offer in entertainment, knowledge, and community.

It would be really neat to see your Ka-Bar and it’s condition. Whatever you decide, I hope you enjoy the forum and all the great content.

This is a ww2 knife I rehandled. It’s not a Kabar but I used a handle kit from kabar.

view

Last edited:
Here are three out of your six pics:

9FDD68C1-9BBD-4DD7-9F08-450797ECF5E6.jpeg 0F01AC3F-27F5-4E5E-A477-0E25C94494F5.jpeg 8F8A0001-62D5-4EE0-990A-5EB9CA17E0E7.jpeg

Don’t worry. eveled’s pics aren’t confusing. He’s sharing a refurb he did that may help you decide if you’d like to do the same.

View attachment 1049584 This is a ww2 knife I rehandled. It’s not a Kabar but I used a handle kit from kabar.
Could you please check my pictures and advise of the Knifes age and if its rare?
I doubt ill try to do the handle, I see the kit for sale on Kabar. Thanks for for your time.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/8elps3zgvalhi99/AABgUFK5cHuAjjyAABqwG9Eta?dl=0

View attachment 1049584 This is a ww2 knife I rehandled. It’s not a Kabar but I used a handle kit from kabar.

I’m not an expert so I’ll let others say for sure. I don’t think it’s very old. Make a handle out of anything wire brush it sharpen it and keep it handy. It’s still a nice knife. Sheaths can be found cheap.

Thanks. I bought it for the Gray Nord sheath it came with. Then I realized what it was. A ww2 RCC USN marked knife. I had to save it. The handle was worse than hovercopters. It is so corroded the seller listed it as Damascus. It was a fun project.

Roberson Cutlery? Nice knife and handle refab!

That one is a WW2 Kabar that was made after the shift to factory-bent guards and thin (1/4") pinned pommels, but before the stamp shift to guard. Sometime in late 1944 or early 1945. I can't remember the timeline right off the top of my head and I am not home right now to search my info for specifics.

Mahalo sir. Your knowledge is a treasure in itself.

I stand corrected. It’s older than I thought. Definitely worth putting a handle kit onto it. It’s not that hard. Just a little time consuming.

Evapo-rust would be a good place to start. IMHO, I'd leave as much of the original and reuse as I could. The handle kit would be a good way to go.
OBTW, The manufacture was Robeson not Roberson for the example posted earlier. Might be a case of auto-correct again.

Back