• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Fowler Fighter Stolen At Blade

The poster says it all.

320076285.jpg

If you see or hear anything please contact Ed Fowler:
eafwb@wyoming.com

Cougar, why the heck did you move this thread HERE?
We'd actually like people to see it, and maybe get some help finding the knife.

Mike G wants to make this a STICKY and Cougar wants to bury it where nobody will see it.
Thanks Cougar!

Phil, I've explained to you in great detail multiple times now how we are getting the word out. I'm not going to explain it yet again here in this forum; that's not what this forum is for. (Bladeforums Service & Support is the place to talk about policy.)

It sickens me to think someone at the Blade Show would steal a knife off of a maker/ dealer's table and when I think about it being a maker of the caliber of Ed Fowler it is just unfathomable. I handled several of his knives while he had his back to his knives talking to another knife maker and at the moment I was proud that there was so much trust in that room. I hope that everyone is more vigilant next year but somehow retains the open and friendly nature that has been at the show since I have been attending.

Spoke with Ed about this last week.

In his true fashion, he is already making something positive come out of it.

We know who, but cannot prove it. My attorney is now seeking a report to see if we can push a little further. Sorry to not have posted earlier, but it takes time and we will see.

For those who worry, you do not need to, I have been displaying knifes at shows for over 30 years and this is the only one stolen during a show. The knife community is 99.999% good people and we can't let one bad apple color the rest.

There is no other place that I would chose to me and I thank all who responded and keep their eyes open. She is one of a kind and will show up some day. I only hope she finds a good home.

sorry to post so late but i HATE things like this... and am new-ish...
have they managed to find the knife at all?? it looks spectacular!!

We know who, but cannot prove it. My attorney is now seeking a report to see if we can push a little further. Sorry to not have posted earlier, but it takes time and we will see.

For those who worry, you do not need to, I have been displaying knifes at shows for over 30 years and this is the only one stolen during a show. The knife community is 99.999% good people and we can't let one bad apple color the rest.

There is no other place that I would chose to me and I thank all who responded and keep their eyes open. She is one of a kind and will show up some day. I only hope she finds a good home.
Hi ED. I can sympathise with you, I attended Earls Court in London, and was displaying my metal detectors and Roman artifacts,I had found, I too was talking to a member of the public, and later found my most expensive detector, and an early Roman Terracotta oil lamp had been stolen.Never did get them back, took me a long time to get over it.
Jungleman:mad:

Back