Foxy Folly

Yangdu

Himalayan Imports Owner ~ himimp@aol.com
Beautifully done 18 inch 28 ounce Foxy Folly by Anil and his friend Barun. Satisal wood handle with copper pins. White metal bolster and buttcap. Fancy dancy Karda chakma with white metal bolster and buttcap. Super sharp blade! Top quality leather sheath. Fine team work by A and B. Take this beauty to night at $245. *SOLD*

gIwVysO.jpg

72NE1ce.jpg

4T1FlBH.jpg

Email to himimp@aol.com to order
First come first served

Last edited:
EMS for the Foxy Folly. With that profile and weight it seems more like a YCS than a Foxy Folly, but either way it's a nice one.
Yay David! It’s going to a wonderful home! I’m jealous but happy for you! It didn’t dawn on me but it does favor a YCS! Great snag...if you got the DD!
Congratulations in advance!
George

Grats David - I just happened to see all three of these right after Yangdu posted them, and if I weren't broke after buying that monster AK recently, I would have jumped on this one, too!

I love it. The weight and balance are perfect, the handle comfortable. The copper pins in the handle add class and a nice touch of color. The kamis should use copper more often, even if it adds a bit to the price.

The description is off, though. As I thought from the picture, this is closer to a single-fuller YCS than a Foxy Folly. Also, it has no buttcap and the bolster is steel (magnet test) rather than white metal. I prefer steel.

Why do I say it's a YCS? See picture below, which is a YCS by Vim that I got seven years ago. The YCS model typically has a double fuller and an ornate handle, but the blade profile and size of this piece by Anil and Barun definitely puts it in YCS territory, at least more so than a Foxy Folly (which also typically has a double fuller on each side). We've been seeing quite a few hybrid designs in the past couple of years, and that's a good thing. It means the kamis are allowed to use their creativity.

YCS18.5-Vim36-06edit.JPG

I love it. The weight and balance are perfect, the handle comfortable. The copper pins in the handle add class and a nice touch of color. The kamis should use copper more often, even if it adds a bit to the price.

The description is off, though. As I thought from the picture, this is closer to a single-fuller YCS than a Foxy Folly. Also, it has no buttcap and the bolster is steel (magnet test) rather than white metal. I prefer steel.

Why do I say it's a YCS? See picture below, which is a YCS by Vim that I got seven years ago. The YCS model typically has a double fuller and an ornate handle, but the blade profile and size of this piece by Anil and Barun definitely puts it in YCS territory, at least more so than a Foxy Folly (which also typically has a double fuller on each side). We've been seeing quite a few hybrid designs in the past couple of years, and that's a good thing. It means the kamis are allowed to use their creativity.

View attachment 1453578

Glad you like it. I wonder if she slipped when she said "buttcap" and meant "chape" because the chape does match the bolster. I like steel better also. I bought this one's twin. It is so much like yours I was curious if it was actually somehow the same one. The chirruwa handle is really comfortable and you are spot on about the balance. Perfect. Copper pins set it off. Nice little knife tools too. I love the little grip rings on them. It is good to know that someone else understands how amazing these are. It has definitely made it to the list of my favorites.

Back