Foxy's Folly -- pix and sign up time.

This one is just too dayumed pretty to let slide down the spiral's of time!!!!:rolleyes:
It's the last khuk I've put an order on and will probably be the last one for some time to come, that is unless Foxy designs another one I can't live without.:D ;)

foxysfolly.JPG

Originally posted by Bill Martino
It's been so long since I ordered I'd forgotten about them -- maybe the kamis did, too!!!

Any word on what was decided (by the kamis?) on handle/bolster materials on this one?

I keep thinking this one would look great in a Newari carved presentation box as well as having its own sheath. Or even an engraved blade ! Well, I have to get to work on an HI Hanshee as soon as I can get some wood planed down to 3/8 inch. I'm going to do a sculpted handle on the next one as well

Originally posted by foxjaw
I keep thinking this one would look great in a Newari carved presentation box as well as having its own sheath. Or even an engraved blade!
I agree that all the suggestions would look Fine, but let's keep the expenses down on this one as I won't be able to afford a fancy version:(
The Ghorkas didn't usually decorate the knives as much as they did the scabbards as the khuk has to be able to perform its form and function.

Yvsa

MAybe we could get em to carve the Cherokee 7 sided star on the scabard !

Originally posted by foxjaw
Yvsa

MAybe we could get em to carve the Cherokee 7 sided star on the scabard !

:D Well maybe.;) But that depends on whether the sarkis are as lazy as the dayumed kamis.:rolleyes: ;)
But that would probably add cost as much as anything other than plain.:(
Personally AFAIC I believe in this case the khukuri itself is pretty enough to forego any decoration whether on khukuri or scabbard!!!!:D
You did an Outstanding Job on this one Foxy!!!!:cool: :D

And the Berk Special ain't no slouch either!!!!:D

Thanks Yvsa for the encouragement. We have to get you going on some new designs as well. Cant be resting on your khuk designing laurels ;)

I am excitedly awaiting the arrival of these puppies. This should be a fast Khuk for it's size!:eek: After I get mine, the next on my need list is a Berk Special. One of these days I will have one. I have had to slow down the knife purchases, as I just got myself a 2003 Dodge Dakota SLT Plus. The excise tax and regestration is due this coming week!:eek: :eek: I needed a new truck more than most things lately and this baby is decked out. It even has a little 287 V-8 in it. I have always loved small block V-8's. More khuks will follow, to be sure!

Uncle should have his hand on the pulse of the Kamis on when the Foxjaw Fighter should roll in. ( Hopefully the Kamis still have a pulse) ;) )

I'm just glad Foxjaw finally changed his avatar...sheesh! :eek:

:p

O.K. I have to put my request in for one also. That looks like it could be something special.

Or I could pay attention to this being a post from earlier in the year:) as far as taking orders goes. Boy I tell you. This whole HIKV thing is tough. Ebola could take a few lessons I think. Still like the desighn alot. It was the double fullers that made does it for me. Perhaps there will be another run.

Back