Frankenstein Grips & Users Let’s see them

That is a great looking 550 you got there. Scales look awesome and appears to have great traction.

JonesE

Thanks they are diamond eyes pattern paper micarta and indeed have excellent texture along with a gitd backspacer. The hollow grind sheepsfoot 550 is my favorite of the grip blade shapes/grinds although i have a flat grind one also that im waiting on some Igorded scales for and a drop point along with a couple minis as well. Need to pull them out for a family photo! Great thread!

Thanks they are diamond eyes pattern paper micarta and indeed have excellent texture along with a gitd backspacer. The hollow grind sheepsfoot 550 is my favorite of the grip blade shapes/grinds although i have a flat grind one also that im waiting on some Igorded scales for and a drop point along with a couple minis as well. Need to pull them out for a family photo! Great thread!

Very cool, I didn’t realize your knife has paper micarta scales. I don’t recall seeing that very often. The 550 is a pattern I haven’t tried yet. I think I would prefer it in a hollow grind rather than a saber, but at this point I might have to settle for what I can get. As for Igorded scales, I think you are going to like it. I have them on one of my franken 551. I got it drilled for left hand and right hand carry since my youngest is a south paw. I figure when he gets older it would become a knife for him. You can check it out in the ninth post in this thread.

JonesE

5s6rW7E.webp

556 with custom Z-wear blade, Igorded scales and modified handle.

23C340EA-A043-4EF3-B9A5-0E93E76E99E2.jpeg1C2C21D4-648A-4A74-B71B-13E88D32A0B5.jpegFamily photo!

The left one is a hollow ground 154cm blade wearing custom paper micarta Keyman scales with a GITD backspacer and is my favorite blade iteration.

Next one is a saber ground s30v with Igorded canvas micarta scales and the latest acquisition.

Middle one was my first griptilian and is a frankengrip that started as a combo edge and now has a 154cm PE blade swap and -1 G10 scales from yet another knife. Only thing left original is the liners and axis lock.

The mini grip is an older D2 model that had satin hardware/clip wearing -1 G10 scales with miss matched hardware.

The mini grip on the right is a true -1 in 20CV that started with a DLC combo edge and had a blade replacement at BM.

Back