French regional knives...

I had a chance, so traded for this nice Capuchadou!! Not a full-blown custom, but nicely made, it features 12C27 stainless, a file-worked back, the one-piece backspring floret is set with a red stone, and the knife was sharpened state-side by G2!! The handles are Bark Buffalo horn, and the knife is fitted wth a snap-sheath, nice but not shown! Thanks Ray!!
Ooh La La 1.jpg Ooh La La 2.jpg Ooh La La 3.jpg Ooh La La 4.jpg Ooh La La 5.jpg
FYI, the beads are the colors of France's flag, the blues are cobalts traded into the American fur trade many years ago, the whites are older Euro-pachyderms, and the reds are French white-hearts from the 1930s!!

Be careful Charlie you will become soon a french knives collector :)

Congratulations for this Fontenille et Pataud .

Â

PS : the beads are beautiful :eek:

This thread reminds me that I need to replace my Laguiole. Maybe one from Renaud Aubry?

Thanks Â. Alas, Aubry seems to be the only one willing to make a Laguiole in shadow construction, with a carbon steel blade. I want a knife like the one on the bottom.

28773517217_252847847a_c.jpg

The term "shadow," when applied to slipjoints, refers to knives made without bolsters. Like on a sodbuster.

Here are two Brunot Coupat knives :
capture-d-e-cran-...19.16.47-5663c93.png

capture-d-e-cran-...19.16.29-5663c97.png

Three from Fontenille et Pataud
capture-d-e-cran-...19.17.39-5663c99.png

From the last company you can choose the blade you want (carbone, inox or damascus )
I'm pretty sure that Brunot Coupat offer the same choices .

Â

Thanks. It looks like I may have to give Brunot Coupat a second look. He offers both lame de carbone and bois de genévrier. No juniper from Fontenille Pataud, at least not in shadow form.

Ahaha you are right sometime it's hard to choose .

Unfortunatly or by chance it seems that Fontenille makes only one blade size for its traditional laguiole. The smaller knives come with a locking system .

But in a way it's also logical . The traditional Laguiole is a peasant knife. They needed a real big blade to work with it.

Â

Hmmmm . . . . . . . . . I may have to look into these!:rolleyes:
:D

Back