French regional knives...

Here it is! Please excuse the posting of a Sheffield knife here in "French Regionals"!!
I present it as a tribute to the French Capuchin design!!!:)
View attachment 1218434 View attachment 1218435 View attachment 1218436 View attachment 1218437 View attachment 1218438

At first I thought I was looking at two different knives! Those are some mismatched covers....probably a bonus if you could only have one knife! That is a strange and interesting knife for sure. Given how old the Capuchin is, I'm actually surprised we don't see the style of handle more often.

What's the size of it?

Been interested in an Aurillac shepherd's knife. Contacted F-P about their range, unfortunately the small 9cm one is only available with brass bolster & liners, yuk:( the 11cm stainless finished ones are too big for my carry.

https://www.fontenille-pataud.com/en/76-knife-aurillac-9cm-sheperd-s-knife-amourette.html
Hi Will,
What do you think about Pierre Yves Joyeux's version ?

capture-d-e-cran-...16.03.18-56b1d02.png

capture-d-e-cran-...16.03.03-56b1d06.png

capture-d-e-cran-...16.08.03-56b1d0c.png

capture-d-e-cran-...16.08.13-56b1d0e.png

capture-d-e-cran-...16.08.26-56b1d10.png

Available in carbon or inox, ith the handle you want:
http://atelierlaclefdeschamps.fr/contact/tarifs.php

If you are interested let me know .

Â

I'm always a bit surprised that Nontron knives are so scarce here. Supposedly they are the oldest continuously operating cutlery forge in France. The blades are still hand forged and the knives themselves are still handmade as well.

Opinel, eat your heart out!

I'm always a bit surprised that Nontron knives are so scarce here. Supposedly they are the oldest continuously operating cutlery forge in France. The blades are still hand forged and the knives themselves are still handmade as well.

Opinel, eat your heart out!

Some North American dealer needs to get on the stick!! These Nontrons are beautiful, useful and non-threatening in appearance!!

This thread needs some Le Thiers knives! These are what initially got me hooked on French cutlery. For the money, the Chambriard Compagnon is outstanding and by far the easiest to find in the US.

Juniper wood seems uniquely French to me and it has a really nice aroma! Hopefully soon I'll figure out how to take some better pictures but I had this group out last night. It doesn't look like it in the photo, but these are arranged largest to smallest.

Back