French regional knives...

A great knife Vince, congratulations .
Do not forget the olive oil, or better, the duck fat for the handle . It will get a great patina with the time .

Â
Thanks! Probably olive oil, since I always have that.

In this case you can call it Wiener Schnitzel! ;)

A la tienne! Imho 14c28 is a great improvement over 12c27 :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Yes, my Laguiole has the same steel. I love it.

Beer, wine all good with meals :cool:

Some decent wines you have too in Germany- but you don't export them ;) enjoyed the wines in Schwäben including reds with one of my German GFs (thousands of years ago :eek:)

Great new knife there Vince Prester John Prester John :thumbsup:
Thanks!

They gave me a plastic knife! Guess what I used instead:
s9oacge.jpg

À votre santé!

Your picture of your knife resting on a paper plate reminds me of the time I used a regulation knife to cut some roast beef with gravy and mashed potatoes on a paper plate. Cut right through the paper plate and had a table full of gravy.:eek: I've never been known for having a deft touch.:rolleyes:

Again, a very nice knife Vince and your initials engraved in the spring a touch of class.:)

A great knife Vince, congratulations .
Do not forget the olive oil, or better, the duck fat for the handle . It will get a great patina with the time .

Â

A, I have heard this many times, and I always wondered; won't olive oil go rancid after a time? Maybe make your knife a bit too aromatic for some company?:eek:

Your picture of your knife resting on a paper plate reminds me of the time I used a regulation knife to cut some roast beef with gravy and mashed potatoes on a paper plate. Cut right through the paper plate and had a table full of gravy.:eek: I've never been known for having a deft touch.:rolleyes:

Again, a very nice knife Vince and your initials engraved in the spring a touch of class.:)
Thanks, Ed. Didn't like getting served on paper plate. Had to be careful. Lots of places using paper and plastic. Waitress only brought one paper menu for three of us. I have seen restaurants tell people to look up menu on phone. I wont do that.

Thank you. It's rather substantial too, at 126 grams with a 9.5cm blade and a handle that's 17mm wide. I love it!

I wasn't expecting this today! I've been tracking it through La Poste for 13 days, and it shows as not leaving France yet!
It's from Coutellerie Le Camarguais with Bois de Bruyère scales.
qsms9MX.jpg

tVpTJoO.jpg

jpqCzFT.jpg

sDvz3Ju.jpg
Beautiful, Fred. Is that a locking blade? Interesting stamp on the bolster. :thumbsup:

Beautiful, Fred. Is that a locking blade? Interesting stamp on the bolster. :thumbsup:

Yes, the bar running from front to back unlocks the blade. The bolster stamp is the Camargue Cross:
The Camargue Cross is an emblem formed with a Latin cross whose upper ends represent a three-pronged fork or trident (a working tool used by “gardians”) and whose lower end is a sea anchor topped by a heart. The Camargue Cross stands for the three cardinal virtues:
Cross of tridents for Faith
Anchor for Hope
Heart for Love

I'm really happy with this one.

I have two chestnut trees and I grow garlic in my backyard, so when I received an email from Opinel announcing a new chestnut and garlic knife, I figured since they went through that much trouble to make a knife just for me, I should order one. ;)
bwvNQRi.jpg

I had it personalized, too.
887uEuy.jpg

I have two chestnut trees and I grow garlic in my backyard, so when I received an email from Opinel announcing a new chestnut and garlic knife, I figured since they went through that much trouble to make a knife just for me, I should order one. ;)
bwvNQRi.jpg

887uEuy.jpg
Very nice. Opinel is one of my favourites. I use a standard No. 8 almost daily.

bwvNQRi.jpg

887uEuy.jpg
Looks like a useful knife!! I just ordered one also!!:D

Back