Frenzy Discontinued? Question for CS..

All of Cold Steel's XL folders [ with the possible exception of the Espada XL] are very easy to carry in a pant front pocket. I have 14 CS XL folders and although I have smaller folders I always wonder why I should carry a less capable knife when I don't have to. I have the green handle Frenzy and I like it although I wouldn't have minded a somewhat wider handle.

I’m sure most CS XL folders are easy to carry and people motivate enough could make it work in edc, but that’s not the point. Most people don’t need/want XL folders.
Inb4 you say “go buy small knives from other makers” like you often do, a lot of us like Cold Steel brand/company, like triad lock, and would like to stick with cold steel. 3-4” blade are reasonably sized, not mini. Not asking to turn the frenzy into a mini tuff-lite.

I like the Frenzy a lot, but it's just too long to reasonably use around non-knife people. I think around 4, maybe 4.5 inches would be doable, and there is tremendous temptation to put mine on a diet. What I really need is for CS to discover an experimental patch of pink-scaled ones to put on super discount like what happened with the Broken Skull--gotta have a spare to satisfy the mod urge.

I got a pink broken skull for this reason. It can take on dye much better. I now have an all black broken skull.

72773293_1806816492795217_4574941495062251915_n.jpg

We mega folder Cold Steel customers are spoiled. We are used to getting mega folders for less than $100. The Frenzy; like the Colossus; was too strange, and expensive to survive for long.

It's completely unobtrusive in the the front pocket. It carries so well because it's narrow and lightweight. The G-10 is not rough, the clip is good and the knife slides easily in and out of pocket. I think it's the only knife I have a duplicate of. One is on display.

This ^

I love this knife, the size, the blue color - and that it is so different (from the other Cold Steel knives). Stands out from the crowd; looks great on display. I think the Frenzy will be one of those knives people wish they had purchased when they had the chance (now that it is discontinued.)

I don’t have a frenzy for a few reasons, though I do appreciate the design. The grind is very obtuse. It’s stabby and made of good materials but the Ti-lite beats it at its own game by being more easily deployed and generally less expensive.

The 2020 lineup is exactly the reason for my OP about market research and process.

There’s some disconnects between Cold Steel and the aficionados here IMO but I understand that the afis represents an insignificant portion of CS market. Hopefully whatever process CS has works to generate more hits than misses.

Reactions: AF
Back