• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

friction damascus

hellize

Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Hello

I have a folder knife freshly finished, with the simplest and oldest known construction, dating back thousands of years. Even the ancient romans used it
The friction generated by the antler handle gripping the blade keeps the blade open or closed.
The blade is damascus and I used deer antler and groszy coins, which is polish change money like cent, for the handle.
The total length is 20 cm / 7.9 inches with a 8 cm / 3.2 inches long blade
It is 140 usd

https://hellize.wixsite.com/mysite/knives

131903140_10158807927717836_6063509339901333654_n.jpg

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    131.6 KB · Views: 207
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 200
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 191
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 190
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 200
now if I could only get someone to get this for a holiday gift for the royal we :oops:

really really beautiful knife!!!

looks like the tang would be used as some sort of tool when the knive's closed

now if I could only get someone to get this for a holiday gift for the royal we :oops:

really really beautiful knife!!!

looks like the tang would be used as some sort of tool when the knive's closed
:D Glad you like it! I would gladly make one for you if you wish.
The tang's pointy part is the means to keep the blade in place while cutting something. I am not aware if it had any other role, beside this.
Thou I could image it being used as poking cows in the side, when they are bloated. Sometimes the gut gases get stuck and can kill them. However, the spike should be longer to puncture it deeper.

Back